Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Greasing my pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

koopmaster

So I learned the hard way that metal gutter poles and water with sand in are not a good combination.... grrrr several of My poles where welded together on Friday from wet grit. I had to drive to the next clean with poles sticking in the windscreen. A half a hour job also turned into a hour so that ****** me off even more...

When I had finished I sat down and thought about it and pulled out the tub of greese and greesed the connection ends. So much better now.

Welcome to the world of guttervac clearing.../emoticons/biggrin.png

They start to get bloody heavy too when the shite starts sticking and building up on the inside of the poles too. I find it helps if you’re on a job that has an outside tap to flush everything through when required and afterwards so is ready for the next job. That’s after you have emptied the **** out of the drum first.

I don't do it every clean, but I take a bucket with me and run suck up some water with the end, cleans the insides of the poles nicely.

Back