Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

650litre tank in a connect?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

D

Dubsurfer

Hi

I have been driving my iveco daily van designed with two 400litre tanks for 2 man set up. i am only one using it so would like to get smaller van thinking transit connect lwb, i know the payload is 900kg, so if i have a 650 litre tank should be fine yeah? because that gives me 250kg for me and poles etc?

Thanks for help Dave

1st question would be why do you need a 650l tank if it is just for you?. You have just said you were using a van with 2 400l tanks for a 2 man setup!. Most 1 man wfp guys on here can manage with 350l.

But going to the question of putting a 650l tank in a connect, no, i wouldnt. But i suppose it depends on how much you value your own safety. With a tank of that size it really should be secured properly, with a heavy duty metal frame, which could weigh as much as 100kg. Add the weight of the tank + leasure battery + pump + bag of resin (if you use resin), that would be another 60-70kg, which would take you over 800kg. You might get away with it if you were happy enough (as some are) with just straps to hold the tank in place, but a trip to your local weighbridge would be a good idea to check!.

I have a lwb transit connect with a 500l tank and i certainly wouldnt put a bigger tank in one. But i'm pretty sure with some more water conservation measures i could get away with 350l.

350ltr tank is what most people have. you must go through a load of water each week mate

l also have a 500 litre tank in a transit connect lwb, it was the maximum i was allowed to still be safe, i also have steel straps secured to the chassis so if i were you i would not go above the 500 ltr & that way stay safe !!!!!!!!

agree with above, you will be amazed at how things add onto your payload, passenger, lunch box, diesel (they don't allow full tank), ply lining, tools etc, 500 would be maximum would think, stick it on weighbridge and see what it gives you (can work out from your maximum plated axle weight.)

I've used 350 litres max on my own, on a big day, so 500 litre tank should do you fine IMO.

Latest Posts

Back