Newbies here...disappointing start at canvassing advice please

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Rob and Emma, Sep 27, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Rob and Emma

Rob and Emma Member

Hi there everyone
    Thank you in advance for advice and tips, just come across this forum and was hoping for a little advice and some tips please

Started canvassing yesterday, did a 2 hour and later on did a 1 and a half hour (2 areas, 2 different rounds) I got a good response I think with 4 definite and 4 maybes on round 1 and on round 2 got 3 definite and 1 maybe

However I went out today to start on rounds 3 and 4 did a couple of hours each area but only got 1 definite and 4 maybes on round 3 and 1 definite and 3 maybes on round 4...does this sound right ??

Thank you

Advertisement
  2. matt18

matt18 Member

you sound like you are not doing to bad, you have good days canvassing then you may have a real pig of a day, 1 customer is better than no customer.

3. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Only two things are guaranteed in life, death and taxes, everything else is a gamble.

Canvassing is a delicate game, some days you will go out and come across as humble and personable, the next day after a good session you may come across as a little cocky and arrogant and this is all without even realizing it.

Try to revise how you were on day one when results were good and try to take the positives from that.

It is swings and roundabouts all the way, I have had days where I have had total blanks and then on my best afternoon come home with 21 new clients.

It will all come good with persistence.

4. Rob and Emma

Rob and Emma Member

Hi guys thanks for your reply

I've done/said same days 1 and 2, got some tips from Internet about what to say and have been leaving a couple of leaflets if no answer with the round date on there may get a couple of responses from the ones with dirty windows lol

Also do you guys use microfibre cloths when they are brand new or something else?

Thanks again

5. matt18

matt18 Member

the people that say they will get back to you invariably don't,
    by all means leave a leaflet but they invariably leads to nothing.

also yes I use microfiber cloths to detail glass new or old, I clean mine regular.

you may also want sill cloths to clean frames and wipe sills down I wouldn't advise doing this with microfiber lol.

just keep knocking!
    you want lots of these upload_2015-9-27_18-34-53.jpeg

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

It's up and down ..different day different outcome
    Just have to see it as every yes is an annual payrise jot just a 10 quid job

7. Rob and Emma

Rob and Emma Member

Sill cloths okay will do, thank you for that will get some of those. A couple of the customers said their previous window cleaner never did the Frames or sills I get nervous when they say that I hope they are satisfied with our cleans !

I knew leaflet drop wouldn't bring much in but for the maybes I just put their quote and the round date on there, we start a week tomorrow so trying to build up as many as we can before then :)

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

whatever effort you had in mind for canvassing , you need to treble it [ at the very least] .
    a good way to approach it is imagine that your life depended on it, you MUST plough on till you are footsore . if you go home and your feet are not humming like Roquefort cheese ,well youre not giving it enough effort

no jest

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. matt18

matt18 Member

yeh, you gotta do the frames in this day and age the customers love it,
    you are obviously are not going to clean a 3 bed semi (frames, glass and sills) for £5.

As for leaflets some of my highest priced customers come from leaflet drops,
    They also seem more loyal and keen as they are contacting you.
    I picked up 2 dead keen high priced customers this weekend from leaflets
    so they do work.

10. Rob and Emma

Rob and Emma Member

I was also wondering how many people come into younger jobs when your actually out window cleaning as well? Is it as many as canvassing? My idea is once the jobs are done on that round stay in the area and canvass from where I've left off

Advertisement