Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbies.. Learn from this.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

cleaniac

Back early on this year I lost a customer to a competitor who had been canvassing and quoting silly cheap prices.

Guess what, she came back to me today, tail behind legs (they all do eventually). He was tardy, unreliable and lazy (kept missing windows). Now I know why this is, its because he quoted silly cheap prices to start with and realised that he could only spend a short time on the job and put himself under unrealistic expectations for no money.

The real kicker is I booked her back in at around 18.5% increase in the price.

So, for those who worry about others taking your work, DONT. Just get on and run your own show, they will come to you if you do a good job, stick to your word and charge what your worth.

Night

I've had a couple of shops and residential customers stop and get someone else over the years. I've also been asked by those same customers
"can you start doing my windows again please?"
" No I'm very sorry I cannot, I'm not taking on any new customers at the moment"
As long as the reason they left was through no fault of your own then, once they have gone, they've gone.

I always say to them (when they ask to be back on the books again) that since they've been gone I've had a price increase of £5. Never had one say no to the increase. Little bit of compensation for the aggro.

I hope this isn't going down the road they used to peddle on that other forum (and probably still do!) r.e. bad customers:

.....drop the bad customers and replace with 2 good 'uns.....cos great customers are so easy to come by.

(and btw this is NOT intended in any way as criticism of the post or replies. Not at all)

Back