Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Insides of residentals

Mooners

Hi,

am very new to it all and was wondering what are the best ways to do inside windows of houses, equipment needed, what to look out for and prices charged?

thanks in advance

Trad them but always best to get them to remove all the clutters off the window sills, net curtians etc before you start the job. I tend not to use a bucket on insides to carry about instead I use a bottle on a belt or spray bottle instead.

Seriously the last thing you want to do is break a family heirloom buy moving stuff about yourself as frank is always happy to lend you a hand /emoticons/biggrin.png

I charge the same again as outsides but won't do it unless they have moved everything

Wet your applicator before you go in and it should be enough for an average 3/4 bed

I charge at least double as they are gernerally minging not just the glass but the frames too. If they want a deep clean to clean all the opener tracks then lub all the hinges, locks etc then I would charge a lot more.

as said dont take your bucket indoors. if your soaper gets dry , dont go back outside,jus use a sink in the house to re-wet it a tad.

have a good look before you start,if the house has been smoked in you want to include in the price a new scrubber sleeve at the very least. it will be ruined if it gets nicotine on it . thats another thing,get nicotine gloop on you itll go straight thru your skin and likely you will feel ill later

i always charge more for insides as you have to be a lot more carefull drips going on to walls carpets. And alway get them to clean off the ledges cause if you move something and it breaks you can bet it will be the ming vase

Worst can be have to take your shoes off, but dog hair all over the carpets, smells, window sills endlessly covered in trinkets, smokers with tobacco resin plastered all over the windows, having to climb over furniture, effectively a one off clean and the windows haven't been cleaned in decades

iv got a pack of over shoes i keep half a dozen in my glove box i clean a nursery inside and out once a month so i use em there

most folk are honest if theyv smoked in it 20yrs +

you need to be doing that sort of place last thing rather than early in the day

, if its a real bad un itll be quite allrite to smoke in there yourself

I did one like that recently boar

Sprayed ubik all over an old rag and wiped over everything including the glass

Then cleaned the glass with my old porcupine which is used for first cleans

The porky was fine after a good wash at home after as.the ubik took all the yellow sticky **** off

Just binned the rag after

Back