Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Roof Moss Cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

entytwiss

Any idea on most efficient way to clean moss from tiled roofs

Have a 30ft extension pole, ladders and pressure washer at my disposal

Thanks

Not feasible - but I tried to power wash moss from my own roof and it causes too much mess on the ground after

So need another method thanks

My Gran had her roof powerwashed. The guys worked from a roof ladder and laid a 3x4 tarp out to catch all the gunk from the roof. She had it sealed afterwards.

Looks like a top job. Need to be careful with a pressure washer if it's an old roof though.

I'm glad i'm not the only one to get asked if i can do this......mines a bungalow with a shallow pitch. They way I'm gonna tackle mine is a very strong mix of bleach in my 5 ltr pump up bottle then spray it all, leave it for a week or so hopefully it will all die and go crispy and dry then using a stiff bass brush go and sweep it off.

Don't take shortcuts in pricing over safe working practises to win work is my thought on that one.

I've known a few roofer in my time been killed falling from roofs just trying to earn a few hundred quid.

Back