Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Funny phone call today

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Knoxy

I was at home today and the home phone rang, I answered and this old guy said "you cleaned my windows today and took my money" puzzled I said " I think you must have me mixed up with someone else", "no you cleaned my windows and took my money where is it?"

I asked the fella were he lived and he told me the next village along, I explained to him I done a leaflet drop there on Saturday and had spoke with a few people who said a few days earlier there had been another windy round knocking on doors /emoticons/sad.png I said it must have been this guy as I've not cleaned any windows today. I asked him what was the problem and he said some guy had done his windows for £5 and because he didn't have any change he gave him £20 and they guy said he would bring back the change, I asked if the other windy gave him a card or flyer with his number on but he said he never gave him anything but he did take his car number plate.

I did say to him if he has any problems he could always give me a call for my services /emoticons/biggrin.png

loads of rip off outs there

maby the guys going to call back at some point u know what the olduns are like lol

A guy up my end was just given a 6 month costidial sentance for this. Hes basically mugging old people. The old 40 year old man up my end had 40+ convictions.

Iv told all my custys if you pay anyone other than me then you still owe me the money so only deal with me. He came on my patch n was told were to go

customers have tryed to give me money before iv cleaned for the first time before now

i say dont pay me antill iv done the job and if your not in i will collect keep it simple :]

customers have tryed to give me money before iv cleaned for the first time before now

i say dont pay me antill iv done the job and if your not in i will collect keep it simple :]
had a few do the same i also told them dont pay until windows are done..

some of my regular customers pay for a few cleans at a time, i wish they all done it

some of my regular customers pay for a few cleans at a time, i wish they all done it

Thats ok tho as they alreay trust you

Loads of dodgy folk out there! Trust or no trust, you can't give someone 4x what you owe them and HOPE they'll return!

Back