nice forum seems more friendly than the one i was on

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by firefly123, Jun 12, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. firefly123

firefly123 Member

been wfp eight years and trad thirty years if you are di only do you have di in van or at home in garage

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Hi & welcome firefly123

I live in a hard water area so di only is not an option for me. Howerver if I could run a di only I would go down the di van route myself. Meaning I would just fill the van tank with with tap water and have a twin di system inline after the wfp pump. That way you can also use it on-site if you have access to a outside tap as a pure on-demand system instead of worrying if you going to run out of pure water or not and having to go back to refill the van tank.

3. Jake

Jake Grand Master

I too was in the 'other forum' and have posted many a thread on how much I hated it! Lots have moved over to wcf and always say how friendly it is, has a great family feel!

Personally I would have the di in the van as that way you can be sure that just before the water hits the window, it's been purified 100%...

The only thing with this is you'd been to check the tds fairly regularly as you don't want high tds water when your at work...

I use RO DI water from a static tank and transfer to my van tank, but I still have a small 7litre di in the van after the pump as a 'just in case' fail safe... Just means I'm always running at 0 tds with no worries...

Smurf makes a good point with the water at work as well, with di in the van you 'borrow' customers water while your out saving on your water bill;)

4. firefly123

firefly123 Member

used to have mine in van but having di at home seems to make the battery last longer

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Welcome firefly123. I use twin DI's and leave them in the garage. One of my vessels leaks plus I can't be arsed with solving the leak and storing them in my van.

6. Jake

Jake Grand Master

True, it's a lot more resistance to power it through a di vessel, but I like the fail safe approach...

7. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

There should be virtually no resistance from the DI vessels. I've ran through two on my van for about 12 years & all that time I've run my pump off the van battery with no issues. You need a controller & top of the range battery though.

8. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Theres far far more resistance mate, firing water through thick resin is for sure gonna be harder work for the battery, I've tried mine without di beifre and the battery lasted a lot longer..

I have a massive 110ah battery and a decent controller form spring ltd, with a one shot radio remote to save water as well, but the di will always create more resistance...

9. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

I can very easily blow water through my two vessels with my mouth. Maybe you need to clear the vessels internal strainers?

10. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Maybe, but I can't blow water through mine that's for sure! (Getting a bit weird talking about blowing mate)

Advertisement