Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Had A Bad Day Arghhhhhh

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Matty H

Not best pleased lost a whole days work because of a poxy 15amp fuse. Got to first job all seemed ok until water flow from brush started slowing up. Turned up controller made no difference. I thought perhaps pump is KNACKERED changed pump (carry a spare) still the same prob /emoticons/sad.png

Went to local auto electrics who supplied my new leisure battery 2 wks ago and electrician was on holiday. Great, what to do now. Phoned mobile auto lec couldn't see me til 3pm.....

Finally got all checked and a 15amp fuse had blown on the relay so my leisure battery hasn't been charging and losing power when using pump.. A POXY BLOODY FUSE.

He advised me to fit a voltage sensitive relay! Anybody got this set up?

Not good then, not nice when things happen like that.

Take it you don't do equipment checks to make sure everything is ok???

no, i had a split relay and it kep blowing, now i just wire my leisure battery up to the normally battery and had no probs since

no, i had a split relay and it kep blowing, now i just wire my leisure battery up to the normally battery and had no probs since

Might mean you had it wired up wrong if they think kept blowing. Had my split relay charger for a year now, only cost me £18 to buy it, and had no problems. You have just wired the leisure battery up straight to the main van battery?

it was fitted by a garage, kept blowing fuses and then blew 2 split relays

yea, pos to pos and then neg to van
Oh right, one problem with doing that,Vehicle & leisure batteries are totally different.

Basically a car battery uses a huge amount of power to turn the starter motor. It has more plates within it giving a larger surface area overall giving a larger boost of power. The drawn power is then replenished by the alternator cycle of charging.

A leisure battery is a different beast with generally fewer plates but are generally thicker to give prolonged usage over a quick spurt from a vehicle battery. Don't get me wrong some leisure batteries would start a vehicle.

However, if a leisure battery was designed for vehicle starting then it wouldn't be called a leisure battery?!!

if you connect the leisure battery to the vehicle battery then you would equalise the battery killing both of them.

Not good then, not nice when things happen like that.

Take it you don't do equipment checks to make sure everything is ok???
Not really that's the first problem I had in 3 years and albeit a days work lost it was really a minor problem. Relay has been on the van over a year and that's the first fuse its blown.

Not really that's the first problem I had in 3 years and albeit a days work lost it was really a minor problem. Relay has been on the van over a year and that's the first fuse its blown.
Oh right, I check all my stuff over each week to make sure everything ok.

Back