Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window Frames.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bingo

May have a big job coming-up.

This building has aluminium window frames, which are 'powder coated' (I think) and are green in colour.

The colour has faded a lot, so the customer wants all the frames polished-up to restore the colour using 'T-Cut'.

Soooo, is this the best product to use, or is there something easier/quicker to use, as this is going to be a time consuming job....this is a big building.

Anyone done anything like this.

It depends on what powder was used to coat them, some powder if not an external long life grade goes dull and powdery after 2-3 years, even long life grade goes like this after 10 to 12 years. I would do a test patch first with some tcut and se what happens, but still be carefull as Aluminium is acid eteched first to make it stick in the first place

May have a big job coming-up.This building has aluminium window frames, which are 'powder coated' (I think) and are green in colour.

The colour has faded a lot, so the customer wants all the frames polished-up to restore the colour using 'T-Cut'.

Soooo, is this the best product to use, or is there something easier/quicker to use, as this is going to be a time consuming job....this is a big building.

Anyone done anything like this.
I wouldn't touch a job like this unless I was absolutely sure what was needed

Back