Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting Up Window Cleaning Help Please!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cec838

Hello guys.

Was wondering if some u guys could help me out please?

I'm lookung at starting window cleaning in Milton Keynes as a part time job. I'm not looking at getting hundreds of customers just 20-40 and I be very happy as I have another job that pays my bills.

Ive moved into a new housing estate and not seen one cleaner yet so thinking of giving it ago. the estate is mainly 3 story houses.

Here's the problem I have no idea what u charge? Ect. I see its normally £1 window but is that the same on a 3 story? And in Milton Keynes?

I'm looking at getting some leafets out and see what interest Is, as most houses are the same I'd rather just say on it what I would charge rather then diff prices for different people.

Looking at using a water feed pole as height of houses, would this be any good?

http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/index.php?option=com_aceshop&route=product/product&path=131_248&product_id=1379

Any help and I be very grateful and I hope to here from you.

Lee

hi Lee welcome to the forum!

Im based in northampton! i charge roughly £1 a window depending on sizes, but on the 3rd floor i price them at £2 per window depending on size.

that trolly set up is good, but would be heavy and you got to get it in and out of the car/van

depending on your water ppm then you might be better off with di bottles and a smaller trolly or backpack and filll them up via barrels.

Yeah id listen to rc mate, and agree with him on pricing.

Think you would have to charge different prices for different people tho mate as not every house is the same and you dont really want to be under pricing things as you'll regret it, cant really give u any advice on wfp as im trad but theres loads on here that will give good advice, there all good lads so you in safe hands lol

Good luck mate!

Ok thanks. Just need to find out my ppm and go from there. Fingers crossed the backpack be ok.
Thanks
no problem, i know in northampton that our water it 450ppm, and RO is one of the cheaper options but thats if you have room to sotre it and store water, RO can be slower at producing water than DI

what part of mk you from?? could help you out with water if you only using a few lts to start with!

Knock on a few doors first, to see if there is any interest this should give you a good idea of if anyone else is out there, wfp the way to go

I live just off junc14 in Newport.

I'm going to get some flyers sorted tomorrow and knock on some doors early week. As this is not main job not want to be standing on toes!

I've got a new 300ltr water butt in garden can u use that with di filters? And also how long does it take to filter though system.

If get Interests I would be grateful for that. I can't see a cleaner there yet no one knocked on my door or my neighbours or pur anything though door.

not that far then, im just outside of town, i go to olney once every 2 months! due middle of this month if you want to have a go at wfp??

i only got a diy set up at the minute as it was nice and cheap to set up!

yes you can use that as long as its cleaned out well, and kepted out of the sunlight. as for the filling time it depends on water pressures etc, guessing be a couple of hours.

Yes that would be great thanks I'm on holiday 17th for week if around then if not long as I'm off I be very great full to meet up. Only is just 10 min drive from my front door.

I'm guessing when I'm emptying water butt just jet wash out for good clean. It's also against house so in shade.

Yes that would be great thanks I'm on holiday 17th for week if around then if not long as I'm off I be very great full to meet up. Only is just 10 min drive from my front door.
I'm guessing when I'm emptying water butt just jet wash out for good clean. It's also against house so in shade.
i normaly do that on a saturday and the company is closed and no-one is about to get in way.

its just down from where the souls coach depot is in olney.

when its empty give good jet waah out maybe a scrub with some soap or something. then it will need rinsing with pure water before you can use it to store any in.

Well if you was looking at doing it 16th I will book another day off work and tag another with u long as you would be happy with that.

As a newbie watch and seeing how done better then going out alone without knowing.

Ok cool, will save a bit money with water butt keep wife happy as she pays water bill ha ha.

yer that date should be fine, only got that one to do that way, but it has a few windows on it to have a go on.

trying it is better than watching!

ok, cant see that date being a problem, unless its throwing it down with rain!

could see if i could get a day sometime too then!

Hello guys.
Was wondering if some u guys could help me out please?

I'm lookung at starting window cleaning in Milton Keynes as a part time job. I'm not looking at getting hundreds of customers just 20-40 and I be very happy as I have another job that pays my bills.

Ive moved into a new housing estate and not seen one cleaner yet so thinking of giving it ago. the estate is mainly 3 story houses.

Here's the problem I have no idea what u charge? Ect. I see its normally £1 window but is that the same on a 3 story? And in Milton Keynes?

I'm looking at getting some leafets out and see what interest Is, as most houses are the same I'd rather just say on it what I would charge rather then diff prices for different people.

Looking at using a water feed pole as height of houses, would this be any good?

http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/index.php?option=com_aceshop&route=product/product&path=131_248&product_id=1379

Any help and I be very grateful and I hope to here from you.

Lee
Get a backpack mate and once u get 20-40 jobs u will want more n more , so be prepared

Back