Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wet Through

WCF

Help Support WCF:

joe34

It tipped down all day today i got soaked but still earned 140 so not bad ,My mate who's a window cleaner too thinks i'm nuts working out in the rain.

Does anyone eles work through on a wet day?

I try, I always have my early morning work which can be done any weather so when I'm not recovering from surgery I'll be working 280 days of a year without fail.

Think it's going to be a wet week so i'm working no matter what ,got my mortgage and stuff coming out on the 1st! i hate sitting at home doing nothing aswell.

I always work (practically) whatever the weather. My customers know that I clean in the rain so don't complain if I'm cleaning and it's raining. That way I don't get behind and my customers know when I'm coming.

I think you've got the right idea,if you stopped every time theres bad weather in this country you would only do a 3 day week,it is all about getting your customers use to it.

Thats a nice days earning 200 quid can't complain at that ,where abouts in the country are you ?

The windows dry spotless with WFP? So how can it be unfair if its raining.

We offer a rain guarantee anyway. Nobody has used it. As windows dry fine.

Most of the time the windows are bone dry as no wind.

Courses and horses though.

If its windy and raining then no I would throw in the towel. Saying that we did get a complaint today. But then she called back a few hrs later and was inside doh.

The windows dry spotless with WFP? So how can it be unfair if its raining.

We offer a rain guarantee anyway. Nobody has used it. As windows dry fine.

Most of the time the windows are bone dry as no wind.

Courses and horses though.
Because I do them trad!! Still think its not fair cleaning someone's windows when it raining. I wouldn't have my car cleaned & pay for it if its raining. If I clean them then it rains fair enough.

Hi. I'm going to clean your windows even tho it's hammering down. I've got to do this coz I got bills to pay so hard luck. Sorry but I know what I'd tell you to do.

Because I do them trad!! Still think its not fair cleaning someone's windows when it raining. I wouldn't have my car cleaned & pay for it if its raining. If I clean them then it rains fair enough.
Ok but this is the WFP forum. Not the trad forum.

I wouldn't clean trad in the rain either.

I say no work no pay so we work in anything lol tell them bills don't stop cuming in
Yes, that point has been made before and it's a good point but, the other point is, we know the job is affected by weather before we become window cleaners. Like a long distance lorry driver will know that his job will mean seeing less of his family than a 9-5 would. Becoming an Icecream man will leave you short of work in the winter months and so will gardening. Life as a nurse will lead to long hours and night shifts and so on. It has to be one of the first things any of us consider when thinking of starting this job...what about when it rains. Yes, you could become a window cleaner and clean windows in the rain but, you could also become a copper and sell smack.

Back