Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

£4 Is Too Much

Belfastcleaning

A month ago I cleaned the front of a house 4 windows and door for £4.. When collecting she asked did I not think £4 was too much, my mum get her whole house done for £4? I replied, I pay tax and we are insured and if I was to charge any less there wouldn't be any point doing your windows, but you will get someone cheaper who won't be insured and probably claiming benefits, so she said fair enough, I'll only be paying it once as I'm moving out. I thought to myself, miserable *****!

Just had a missed call then a text message, rang back and it was her, she wants whole house inside and out done before she moves this week and also gave me 4 houses on same road that wants done too!! Lol

I had the same i charge five pound for the front of a town house. was told im to exspensive funny thing is iv gained another five customers on the same street lol

I need to canvass this place 1 last time, there is another wee old woman I got, she went and asked 4 houses next to her and 1 across the street and now do them all so think I'll give her a freebie next time!

yeah ive got five first cleans to do tuesday all because of one cust so i think im going to give her a free clean

I agree mate. I think I owe my cust a free clean she found me 6 regular cust last month lol

You cant please some people. Saying that she obviously thinks your professional and worth it if she's recommended you. I now have a minimum price of £6. I was stopped in the street and asked to clean 3 windows on a first floor flat. Explained I would be happy to but had a minimum charge of £6. The bloke was happy enough by the fact I had insurance and he could pay by BACS he booked straight away on a 4 weekly clean.

On our invoice we include our bank details. (account & sort code) the customer just uses this to pay the money straight into our business account.

Back