No Cold Callers

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Richard Barnes, Jan 6, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Richard Barnes

Richard Barnes Well-Known Member

How do you treat No Cold Callers Stickers when door knocking, Do you pass them by or risk it?

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Depends on what it on the sticker, if hand written one, just put leaflet thought,
    If an official one then I just walk away, can get into trouble if you knock!

3. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Depends!

A few customers which I didn't knock came out asking if I could clean their windows while I was cleaning someone elses.

4. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

I push a flyer through .

5. harunh

harunh Legend

sometimes i knock and sometimes i dont

6. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

Knock these they are raving hot, no one knocks them and all I do if they have an issue is just say "sorry I hate to miss people out" and leave. If they go super nova after that and some will. I just look them in the eye and say "most normal people dont mind" and briskly walk off.

But be aware sometimes people have the stickers placed on the home by family members as the occupant is suffering from old age, Ive had the loveliest old ladies on the doors and you have no idea the bats have left the belfry.

7. Richard Barnes

Richard Barnes Well-Known Member

hey whats the worst reaction any of you had at the door?

8. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Well I got to a gate, seen a sign please close the gate.. Got to their door, no cold callers, sales reps, etc etc so I rang the bell, no answer rang again, waited, was half way putting flyer through the letter box and the door opened.
    Me: Hello would...
    Her: CAN YOU NOT READ!!!!
    Me: sorry, but I clean windows in your street every 4weeks and was just wondering if...
    HER: NO I WOULDN'T!!
    Me: ok well there's a Flyer anyway
    HER: NO THANKS
    Me: ok then bye..

So I left her gate wide open, no I can't read beach!!

9. A.K WINDOWS

10. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

Ive had a few odd balls, once when I was selling double glazing I got chatting to an old fella who had recently placed an order with a rival firm that was 150+miles away from him, so I said "whats going to happen if there is issues will they sort it for you ?". He then pulled an 8 inch bowie knife from the back of his trousers and said "it wont be a problem"

I think my worst experience was I knocked on the door, a really nice old guy come to the door and invited me in we had a long chat about this, that and the other and he started to proceed to sign up, when suddenly a young woman come down stairs and started shouting "GET OUT, GET OUT" and she actually grabbed me by the back of the neck and chucked me out. Even the old guy was saying "calm down"

Ive been bitten by a dog before, and a few of my canvasser mates have also, Ive also had a dog bolt out of a house and bite another dog that was being walked by a neighbour.

But as a whole there has been many more positive experiences than negative ones, so dont let the bad knocks put you off just keep soldering on.

Advertisement