no collecting letter

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by bluemonkey, Mar 1, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

what do you lot think of this,

Dear Customer

Due to an increase in running costs ie fuel, insurance, etc I have decided to no longer collect and will be taking payments from april 2012, by either online payment or cheque which can be posted in the freepost envelope which will be provided, This is help avoid prices increases for as long as possible, If either of these payment methods are unsuitable please contact me on 07719 655 038, and we can arrange a other method

Darren

as am wanting to cut back on collecting and woudl rather spend the time knocking to get more custys

Advertisement
  2. Posh

Posh Hero

I did something along them lines last November mainly SAEs and it's worked brilliantly and your letter was better then mine.

3. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

am getting sick of collecting, so far this week i have collected for

saturday 3 hours
    monday 1 hour
    wednesday 30 mins
    thursday 2 hours
    and still got to go out this saturday to collect from last week, plus the ones who dont pay are getting dumped

4. laddergarder

Its just part of the job buddy. I think you will find that you end up with allot of money outstanding, and the cost of processing cheques and paying for SAE's maybe as much as just going back at the end of the ***ht. All the best, I do hope it works of you a determined to give to give it a go, but it doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

5. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

i understand that ladder, but seem to be doing that much collecting, that to have any time with my kids, i got to o i might just finish early, too many PITA custy who I might just dump, as give it a 2 month trial, if they dont pay the are dumped, got a lot who pay on line now,

6. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

It might work for some but I personally wouldn't do it - it costs an absolute fortune in bank charges to accept all your payments online or cheques. Why not liaise with your customers - around 50% of mine hide the cash in a secret location that only both of us could know :D

7. I have to agree with Matty, I have only been going a couple of years and only seem to have a few customers that I leave SAE with. When I started I was told to do this but have managed to arranged with the customers to leave money in places, or they pay online. Saying that we do have the advantage that a large proportion of my customers also have us in to do the cleaning so they tend to leave the money inside.

8. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I dont blame you for wanting to stop collecting if you are having to spend such a ridiculous amount of time collecting!, is that a normal week?. I hope your customers are amenable to your plans though, they can be a fickle bunch!.
    I only have about 8 customers per month which i regularly have to collect from, 3 of those are local, the rest, i pass pretty close to on the way to, or from work. Everyone else either pays cash, sends a cheque, or pays online.
    I have a couple of customers who are often out, but dont work with cheques or online banking. I have arranged with them to leave the money in a jar/tub somewhere in the garden, or in an envelope under a plant pot or something.[hr]
    By the way, i dont leave envelopes with stamps(?), they are addressed, but they pay the postage themselves!.

9. mark m

mark m Hero

I have never collected they just send a cheque or pay on line. I make a note of who has not paid that week and get them next time i get about £200 a week outstanding but that just business

10. neil_09

neil_09 Guest

Its a great idea. But i think if you want the money then youve gota go get it.
    Iv collected every ***ht for 5 years.
    Iv now made a little business card that said
    "sorry weve missed u. Ill be back ........... To collect the money"
    Or to that guide line.
    I just write fri 6 pm.
    Then i only collect fridays.
    And mondays if i missed afew.
    Collectin is part of the job and i dowt we get rid of it. Im happy for 2 ***hts aweek but not all 5.

Advertisement