No detailing squeegee hoover thingy ma jiggy

Discussion in 'Items For Sale' started by windowsurfer, Oct 28, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Disclaimer: windowcleaningforums.co.uk provides the Market Place Forum as a free service. windowcleaningforums.co.uk cannot, do not, and will not be responsible for any transactions in the Forum. it is up to you and the other party to settle any disputes and sell responsibly.

NOTE: This area is for private sales only.

When listing an item it must have a clear title, description, price and location. Pictures are also a good idea.

Once sold, please update the thread prefix to a sold prefix. You can do this by: While viewing the thread at the top you will see thread tools click that then edit thread you will then be able to edit your prefix.
  3. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

Just been thinking:rolleyes:( got some time to think cleaning windows) about a new concept of squeegee:eek:, but dont have the money for the carry on you have to have for design and making and couldnt be bothered either.

The idea is based on the karcher window vac.

You apply soap to window with applicator as normal then, you get your adapted squeegee, which has a pneumatic tube going into the bottom of the squeegee, that has an internal hose system that goes along the length of the squeegee head, like the karcher window vac( dont actually have one, so just guessing at the design). You carry a small rucksack on your back that has a small battery and suction motor, for sooking up the water into a small tank for waste water, that can be emptied easily. Just same weight as a normal squeegee to hold roughly.

There is a quick connector for changing different size of squeegee.

This system wouldnt be any good for big store fronts, but normal domestic size windows.

Just my thought of the day, I get fed up of detailing, and wish I could suck up all he water lying about. Maybe an idea for those custys that dont like the water to dry up after wfp?

If I could draw then it might be clearer. Too much time to thinko_O

Advertisement
  2. Mwwindowcleaning

Mwwindowcleaning Active Member

Had same idea fella, but same concept as wfp, but in reverse. Have a van mount vacuum so you don't have to carry anything.
    Use pole so you don't have to leave the ground too. No one likes climbing ladders, especially in the winter ;-p

3. stuvy

stuvy Well-Known Member

what about an air line and blow it all away?

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Maybe someone will come up with as system like that in the future but can't see it being viable really.
    I suppose would work like a carpet cleaning van mount maybe. Might be a bit tricky to use though as the suction it would create would be difficut to use it on a pole :rolleyes:

5. cheapncheerful

of course i could just take my new karcher window vac along....i was surprised how light it is...and it does a great job at what i wanted it for....oh....sucking up the mega condensation on my own house windows....

i used to have to open all the windows and use a towel to dry em off but now....looking forward to a fight with the wife as to who does it...

cant see it actually leaving a window smear free though....still i hate insides and as such delight in pointing out how everyone uses one these days...:rolleyes:

i had too much soap on today and it was a pain detailing i seriously would consider taking it just to detail the bottoms in a long run...

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Cnc when my windows get condensation i just squeegee them off
    I have an old squeegee and microfibre on bedroom windowsill

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

:whistle:
    Or squeegee properly and don't need to detail

8. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

Was thinking of you when trying to grind down 45degree angle on an old ettore squeegee yesterday that I had previously tried to dog ear to cut down on detailing. channel is bent along its length, tried to straighten, but still rubbish leaving soap lines in from edge, I guess I'm rubbish at modifying squeegee as well as squeeging.

I did ask you if willing to mod some channels for me, but forgot what post it was , so don't know if you kindly replied? Anyway, my custys say \I do a good job, but I would like to stop detailing as much, will await the new polznbladz squeegee and try them.

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I don't grind em
    Get a sharp big hacksaw and a workmate or bench to lean on
    Cut them with that but don't press too hard and they won't bend
    I don't do it with brass ones as i find they are too soft
    Then i go over the edge with a file to make sure corners aren't sharp
    Also slightly squash the round bit on the ends that the base of the rubber sits in and the rubber won't ride out of the channel

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

:eek:I will post a vid of my squeegees later as mrs is going out and she takes the piss
    Don't understand why we do this on here
    "It's only window cleaning "

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
Advertisement