Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

behind on work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

joe34

Just had a look at my records I'm a month to three weeks behind on some of my jobs I've got a fella starting with me on Thursday but need to catch up.does anyone else get this behind with there work?

I can dissaper of the face of the earth for a month or so and it don't seem to bother my regulars at all.

yep always behind....its okay til we get the storm of slime on the windows then I am in real trouble..

pretty clean windows around here so I get away with it most of the time..

pulled up at one this morning money not there so drove off...saves me some time..:rofl:

Im a bit of a floaty windy and dont really have any set work so I hit the road and never know where i will end up..

but...theres always tomorrow.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Im always behind. I must be at least 2 or 3 weeks behind on some houses, thats why ive employed someone once a week and set up my 2 man Van Mount system. Hopefully I'll catch up and be able to accept new work.

I'm never behind as i work all weathers..apart from the day of the wind a couple weeks ago

I think that's my problem I still take work on when I can't keep up with what I've got already.

So you don't have any set work? Do you just go down roads where you think you might get abit of business for that day cnc? I plan what I'm doing the night before

well I sort of drift according to what comes in by text email etc and then stay in that general area..I try to keep em together doesnt always work...

see where I was planning to go tomorrow....I was lucky enough to get one booked in by email money left in the shed....so thats where I will end up tomorrow...

depending on how long it will take me how much energy I have left I may head off home or...do some odd ones that I keep dodging...

like the one that frank broke the satellite dish on and mended it with elastic bands..thats getting really really over due..

and the one a bit higher up all net curtains and always in but canna be bothered to clean...well ...one day...

never know whats coming my way really...I know where I am thursday morning but will I be brave enough to go next door...well sooner or later I must go...not so keen on being locked behind gates I get claustrophobic...cheapie likes being free./emoticons/biggrin.png

I know where i am going daily for the next 10 weeks in theory

If the weather is too bad i may have to play catchup for a day or 2 and new custys need fitting in but i have my 5 week route but need 10 weeks to allow for a few 10 weekly custys

taking on a helper should get you back on track in no time joe. start advertising asap /or praps this helper can blanket flyer the area , to get fresh work for you both and fuel the fire so to speak

Last edited:
I know where i am going daily for the next 10 weeks in theoryIf the weather is too bad i may have to play catchup for a day or 2 and new custys need fitting in but i have my 5 week route but need 10 weeks to allow for a few 10 weekly custys
I know where i am going daily for the next 10 weeks in theoryIf the weather is too bad i may have to play catchup for a day or 2 and new custys need fitting in but i have my 5 week route but need 10 weeks to allow for a few 10 weekly custys
That's impressive organisation Daveyboy - this time next year Rodney /emoticons/smile.png

Do you do 5 week rota purely to fit everyone in?

At most. I only ever get 1-2 days behind but soon catch up. I use a window cleaning planner that I down loaded so I always know where I'm going how much I need to do in that area and all custys details. I work on a 4 and 8 week rotar works really well.

Ive only ever been day behind as like the money flowin in and if I got anymore behind id be fecked as I out 6 days a week from 7.30 to finsh

I would like 6 days a week 5 full days and a half a day Saturday. Only got 4 days a week at the moment

I'm always behind. Never seem to catch up but most of my customers don't seem to mind. If I get to far I pick out the best & do them then if the ones I've left moan I get rid. Very hard in this country to keep up & I admire anyone who does. I just can't do it.

I would just cut to the chase and say "I'm never behind" there is no such thing in this game. You can fall ill, hurt yourself, have a serious accident, van could be off the road, weather could be dreadful & too dangerous to work just to name a few...Oh forgot about you could die.

So on reflection its best if you don't tempt fate and say "I'm never behind"/emoticons/biggrin.png

I'm never behind as i work all weathers..apart from the day of the wind a couple weeks ago

I'm also always behind, ALWAYS!!!

Can't be a bad thing, customers probably wouldn't want me bang on time, windows hardly get dirty in 4 n a half weeks anyway...

I agree jake. Even though most custys are monthly, they would soon moan if i were there spot on time each month lol

I've found most don't have a clue when they are next due anyway as it's the last thing on their minds being busy ppl to think about their windows.

yep duncs said the same..unless your really really way behind...er...well...er...like today ..when er...he died in january and I er last cleaned when he was alive...ooops../emoticons/biggrin.png

still any pay rise is a pay rise...onwards and upwards...

Back