No Experience Window Cleaning, What Do I Say When Canvassing?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by buzzing, Sep 8, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

I will have my ladder on the roof rack of my citroen Xsara and will clean traditionally, when canvassing what do I say if they ask me how long I have been cleaning for? And if I lie and say two years won't they think it's strange that I am doing it in a car?

Advertisement
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

Not at all mate, there is a windy here he has used his car for the past 10 years he works 6 days a week 8 hour days and has 4 lads working for him full time he makes a fortune, it's not what you drive it's how you do your job

Be truthful and say in just starting out if they ask.

3. Masons

Masons Guru

Don't lie from the off.

What's wrong with being new?

I don't get the rush to be dishonest with your customers before you've started...

4. MikeJP

MikeJP Active Member

Nooooooooooo, don't lie! Lol

Your out there trying to make living. What more do people want..........

5. harunh

harunh Legend

just be honest :) and say to them u do a good job :p :D tell them if your not happy wioth my work let me know and ill come and do it again for u :) simple

6. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

I bet your used to it ay ya by now H lol

7. Iain

Iain Guru

I'm going out on a limb here and say you need to lie. Or at least bend the truth. I wouldn't feel comfortable having an inexperienced window cleaner going up a ladder on my property.

Everyone needs to start somewhen but maybe don't let them know you're starting now...

8. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

I agree with Iain on this one

9. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Do your own a few times... Your experienced!

10. John B

John B Active Member

If you need to do so, practise on your own/family/friends' houses to really acclimatise yourself to how to go about doing the job proficiently. l

When you are confident in your abilities to do the job, you won't feel uncomfortable when you are asked how long you have been a window cleaner, and will be able to look people in the eye and tell them that you are new to the business, but are taking it seriously.

I believe that honesty is not the best policy ... it is the ONLY policy. Your business relationship will be founded upon mutual trust, which will begin the moment you meet your potential customers for the first time.

There is nothing wrong with being new to the job. We all were there once. But start lying to the customer, or being lied to by them, any trust that existed between you and customer will be lost forever should the truth ever come out.

Best wishes,
    John.

Advertisement