No Landline Number On Flyer

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by pws, Nov 16, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. pws

pws Member

hi ya, i have no land line number on my flyers as i do not have one :) i have a mobile number an email address and the find us on face book logo, i txt my custermers and they text me it works ok, the ? is would my flyers work better for me with a landline on them or not ?........pete

Advertisement
  2. swas

swas Active Member

old people will be wary

3. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Get on of those 0845 numbers or a 0800 number both can be diverted to a mobile. The also give of the impression of a bigger / professional company in my opinion

4. laddergarder

I don't think it should be a problem. It is more professional in my opinion if you have land line, but I don't think it will affect how much work you get from your flyers as much as you might think.

There are loads of services out there, like land line numbers for mobile, 0800's as previously stated, but IMO its an expense that you don't need. If you do get a land line installed in your home, use that if you want, but if not, then carry on with the mobile.

5. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

Cost of a monthly land line is more than the monthly cost of a 0845 number I believe, depending on the lenth of phone calls the 0800 number could be cheaper too

6. laddergarder

With land lines, you can get deals with free evenings and weekend calls. Also the area code, shows that your a local company. That can be a selling point. Imo especially with residential customers, they will want someone local, and a 0800 number can give the impression that you are not.

Also I think it is a common conception that 0800 numbers are expensive to call. Allot of mobile networks don't allow 0800 numbers as part there call allowance packages as well, which would put customers off.

Another point is that customers might not realise they can txt your number, if you mask it will an 0800.

7. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

pros and cons to it, like anything else I suppose.

There is talk about making 0800 numbers free for mobiles too to avoid confusion with costs.

Im not saying only have an 0800 number, I have both added. People love to text lol got to have a mobile number there.

8. Luffy

Luffy Member

The impression of a larger company could also be bad, some of my customers like that I'm a local lad and one person changed to me because if it!

9. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

Maybe to some people, its not the same for every person though.

10. Luffy

Luffy Member

Yep, totally agree. I wouldn't really bother with commercial unless I had a land line for example. You can't please them all!

;)

Advertisement