no more messing about makkng solutions

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by daveyboy, Dec 24, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

As you will probably have read i love to play around with soap solutions etc and always trying new stuff
    Needed some soap the other day as i still have a couple of customers i do trad and had some insides to do in the nearby village
    Stopped at a local village shop and all I could get was fairy or fairy platinum
    Got the platinum begrudgingly as i usually use ecover type stuff with flash in it or vinegar and always found fairy left a film
    Anyway I was very impressed and couldn't fault it and just done my whole downstairs with it to check for any residue etc
    Perfect job
    I reckon maybe because platinum is stronger than normal fairy and i used just water in my bucket (don't usually use a bucket but for insides i do) and added a spot of fairy to the applicator i am not using that much soap so not much to leave a residue
    I am gonna be using this from now on instead of all the faffing about

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

Not bothered for months now. HG liquid is all I need, get the dilution right and its amazing. No vinegar, no flash, nothing. i don't use it for first cleans though if I can help it. First cleans I just use whatever soap I have handy as the bucket is getting chucked anyway.

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I definitely think you can play about too much and actually take a step backwards

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I don't trad enough to use fancy stuff
    Platinum will do me i just keep a bottle in my car in case

5. Jacob

Jacob Guest

No need to do my own, by a decent pro soap that is eco friendly. Does not need anything else

6. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Soap is soap in my opinion

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have made some excellent mixes in the past but for the minimum i detail nowadays and only do bottoms when i can be bothered to put the wfp away i can't be bothered with all the hassle

8. mark

mark Forum Addict

soap is soap.your right.but a lot of soap or washing liquid can mean the difference between a smeary window & residue left behind.so its very important if cleaning trad.especialy in low sun.ecover,pure water & white vinegar!!!:thumbsup:

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Exactly
    It does make a difference
    I use only enough for each job by having just water my bucket and adding a drop or 2 of soap to my applicator
    No need to use loads as it's just enough to get a good glide

10. David K

David K Forum Addict

I also mix around sometimes , I've found my favorite soap to be a cheap body shampoo from a discount supermarket called Rema 1000(guess it's Norwegian don't know if you have them in UK ), their own brand an cost bout 1 pound , 500 ml. Super glide and good degreaser , nice scent too. :thumbsup:

Advertisement