Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First Complaint Using Wfp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Belfastcleaning

Started using wfp for the tops around my biggest area this week. Had lots of people telling me that's a great bit of kit! But had 1 old guy, come out and say, what's the idea of this? You have just soaked my nice new painted walls and window sills! I never got out until 11:30 today because it had been lashing down all morning!!!

Anyway I told him I'm no longer using ladders and this is a new safe way to clean windows. But he said I don't like it, I prefer you doing it by hand. So I told him I'm trying to keep myself safe and this is what I'll be using. So he then says sure I could just buy one and do it myself, yes you could if you want to spend a few grand! I tried to explain the process of using pure water, but he is well in his 80s and it just wasn't twig going on to him. I said it will dry in perfect and will help keep your windows cleaner for longer. But he said I'm a lot older than you and know it won't dry in on a day like this!!

I was starting to loose my patience and I had already thought of the first complaint I got I'd be telling them to find someone else!! But he then said did you get next door in? No she wasn't in, so he paid me for him and his neighbour, said thanks, smiled and walked off!!!! I have only been doing him for about 6 months!! So the 6 houses I did after his I asked everyone what they thought of me using it and everyone was happy!!

His painting got done last month, as when I pulled up to do his windows he asked me to skip them as the painter was coming. I said no problem. He came back out and said the wife said we should pay you anyway!! I said no I don't need paid I never cleaned your windows, and then kept offering me a fiver, go take a fiver.. No keep it I never done anything for you and I don't mind leaving you as Iv 80 odd others to do in the area anyway!!!

You'll always get the odd one like that, no point pitching H&S either, cos they'll be the type that don't believe in the new H&S gone mad stuff lol

I have done this area for 5 years trad, and now doing wfp tops while my da does bottoms we were ALOT quicker, and safer!! A lot have stupid we roofs over bottom bays and a lot have top bays too.

I think like that to Gav, just think is it going to dry out ok!! But I'm getting better and quicker and haven't hads any complaints on quality

There is some of my round I don't or didn't mind doing ladders, but last week I just said ladders aren't getting used unless needed and wfp tops everywhere. I feel better I'm not up and down ladders all day and glad knowing I'm safer with my feet on the ground. Plus cold weather coming I'm looking forward to it!

I have done this area for 5 years trad, and now doing wfp tops while my da does bottoms we were ALOT quicker, and safer!! A lot have stupid we roofs over bottom bays and a lot have top bays too.

I think like that to Gav, just think is it going to dry out ok!! But I'm getting better and quicker and haven't hads any complaints on quality

There is some of my round I don't or didn't mind doing ladders, but last week I just said ladders aren't getting used unless needed and wfp tops everywhere. I feel better I'm not up and down ladders all day and glad knowing I'm safer with my feet on the ground. Plus cold weather coming I'm looking forward to it!
Your shopping list is going to get a bit bigger now lol. You will be really wanting a 2 man set up now then?

We have been using 2 hoses off the 1 pump. And also have the backpack that I bought a folding trolley for. And have a new pump too that I wanted to build another trolley.

But I'm planning on wfp all tops and trad most bottoms, although I think it would speed us up even more if we went wfp 100%

There is just some work I think a trolley would be easier than messing about with hoses

They just did out office wfp - **** again as always, this is the third company they have used, all of them ****..... Not sure i would move over to wfp anytime soon as looks like these idiots roun here have made a bad rep for it already

They just did out office wfp - **** again as always, this is the third company they have used, all of them ****..... Not sure i would move over to wfp anytime soon as looks like these idiots roun here have made a bad rep for it already
It's the operators mate if they were any good and cleaned correctly they should be fine , but obviously they just spray and go

Job done onto the next one .

Then in that case (am I right in thinking its you that is leaving your office/insurance job for window cleaning in the new year) in that case, go to your employer and tell them that you can do a better job! that way your still(kinda) work for them but in a different way!

Haha yes that is me, my boss don't own it, it's part of a big complex so ill certainly give him a quote when I'm ready but its 5 story lol.

The people doing it now use a broom with a pipe attached along it on clips, with poles added /emoticons/ohmy.png

They are using a di system

Ditto, old guy I used to do trad and I turned up with my new set up. He's a pompous old git but he makes me laff. First words out of his mouth, even before I wet his windows were "I don't like it". He said that he could go and buy a trolley system and do them himself and that he'd cleaned more windows than I'd had hot dinners and he liked his windows left dry.He was being quite nasty tbh and I've known him years. I said let's see how it goes and if you still don't like it I'll go back to mop and blade. He was going to ring me on the night to let me know how they had dried. He never called, the chunt.

Some folk just don't like it. I've a custy I've been doing wfp, also do inside conny (trad, of course), and last month she was on about how the wfp didn't do a good job- at the exact moment I was blading the inside and thinking you could be forgiven for thinking there was no glass! Anyhow, I capitulated and did them trad this time, but didn't detail at all, and just a quick wipe of the sill. Inside, she's going on about how much better it was, and I know for a fact that they were no better, they were still more or less spotless when I started. But best of all was when she said that the paintwork was now better!!! I was dying to laugh cos I'd not even done it! Moral of the story, some folk are set in their ways

Some folk just don't like it. I've a custy I've been doing wfp, also do inside conny (trad, of course), and last month she was on about how the wfp didn't do a good job- at the exact moment I was blading the inside and thinking you could be forgiven for thinking there was no glass! Anyhow, I capitulated and did them trad this time, but didn't detail at all, and just a quick wipe of the sill. Inside, she's going on about how much better it was, and I know for a fact that they were no better, they were still more or less spotless when I started. But best of all was when she said that the paintwork was now better!!! I was dying to laugh cos I'd not even done it! Moral of the story, some folk are set in their ways
To right mate, they will see whatever they want to see

some people are never satisfied :pP

Latest Posts

Back