Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

No slip ladder mat

Apw1210

I don't use ladders alot now days however there is the odd job where the use of a ladder is needed.

There's nothing worse than placing a ladder on wet decking or on a concrete driveway or patio and the ladder feels as it's slipping away when you are on it.

Using the offcut from my van floor matting I made a simple yet effective anti slip ladder mat.

I'm using 5mm diamond thread anti slip rubberised fabric backed mat 

Cut to the width I needed and measured a point to which I attach a length of 32x25mm Meranti hardwood and attached using screw and penny washers which when torqued pull into the bottom surface of the rubber mat making them countersunk.

I've used this for over a year and adds great confidence to using a ladder 

20210416_134217.jpg

20210416_140206.jpg

20210416_140209.jpg

Apw1210 said:
I don't use ladders alot now days however there is the odd job where the use of a ladder is needed.

There's nothing worse than placing a ladder on wet decking or on a concrete driveway or patio and the ladder feels as it's slipping away when you are on it.

Using the offcut from my van floor matting I made a simple yet effective anti slip ladder mat.

I'm using 5mm diamond thread anti slip rubberised fabric backed mat 

Cut to the width I needed and measured a point to which I attach a length of 32x25mm Meranti hardwood and attached using screw and penny washers which when torqued pull into the bottom surface of the rubber mat making them countersunk.

I've used this for over a year and adds great confidence to using a ladder 

20210416_134217.jpg

20210416_140206.jpg

20210416_140209.jpg

20210416_140628.jpg

20210416_140633.jpg

Rubber has no grip at all if the ground is damp/wet or dusty ask my hubby !
Works well on grass with peg holes in the back stop, works flawlessly on wet tarmac as the ladder weight plus myself and the backstop works with loading up against it. Tried it tested it and have taken greater risks in life 

Back