Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

No water in Static RO

Hi guys,

I've had a static RO for months in my parents garage but I've recently moved to a place with my own garage so I've just today moved everything across.

Just put the hose pipe on and it's not working?! We had this issue previously and turned out to be a blown membrane but im not sure how it could happen again when all we've done is move it 5 minutes down the road?

I'll try attach some pictures of the handle to see if maybe I've got it too closed or whatever. 

TIA

Tyler

Edit: I've moved it further closed and there's a dribble coming out but not alot

20210409_201940.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

I've had a static RO for months in my parents garage but I've recently moved to a place with my own garage so I've just today moved everything across.

Just put the hose pipe on and it's not working?! We had this issue previously and turned out to be a blown membrane but im not sure how it could happen again when all we've done is move it 5 minutes down the road?

I'll try attach some pictures of the handle to see if maybe I've got it too closed or whatever. 

TIA

Tyler

Edit: I've moved it further closed and there's a dribble coming out but not alot

View attachment 24140
Are you passing water through it and there's flow, 

Have you had any hard frosts where you are as that could damage the RO 

Are you passing water through it and there's flow, 

Have you had any hard frosts where you are as that could damage the RO 
So ive got a flow now but its just a trickle.

No hard frosts over here and it was working fine yesterday morning but then we moved it and it stopped working

Should the valve be on the waste line? It seems you have it on the water inlet
It's probably the way the photo has been taken thats the waste line it's on ?

It's the same if not better ?

Got my dad to take a look and he says that it's only meant to dribble out that's just what it does?
You need to test the pressure at the tap youre connected to. You can get one from screwfix for around £10-£15.

What membrane are you using? If its meant for high pressure but you have lower water pressure it will dribble out. 

If you have low water pressure then youre best of getting a ULP membrane. You will get better water production, if you need water even faster then you might need a booster pump

You need to test the pressure at the tap youre connected to. You can get one from screwfix for around £10-£15.

What membrane are you using? If its meant for high pressure but you have lower water pressure it will dribble out. 

If you have low water pressure then youre best of getting a ULP membrane. You will get better water production, if you need water even faster then you might need a booster pump
ULP membranes are rated 100 PSI so not as good as HF5 rated at 80 PSI. For example if pressure is 30 PSI you would produce more and ppm would’ve less.

Back