Noob in Oz

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Albawinclean, Sep 20, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Albawinclean

Albawinclean Newcomer

I'm starting on my own soon. I have had some experience cleaning windows in other jobs I've worked but the people I have worked with in the past taught me nothing and or didn't think there was anything to teach ie slap the soap on the window and squeegee off. Those jobs were usually for big site maintenance companies. Learning a lot from reading the forum, get to practice my trad skills at my current job and some of the YouTube guys have great videos which help a lot .

Would be great to hear some advice from some of the Aussies on here. Got my abn and I've got a few trad tools to start, business cards and flyers ready for canvassing and fb page waiting to upload some photos etc and I am going to be using my car not a ute or van to get to jobs at the beginning. I got a few quotes for public liability insurance and was wondering what most people pay. I was quoted about $65 a month. Is that a good price or is there insurance companies that cater for windies and cleaners that are a bit cheaper?

Any feedback would be great. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Advertisement
  2. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

You'll learn everything you need to know on this forum. Good luck.

3. H MAN

H MAN Forum Addict

Where about are you in Australia

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Welcome fella

5. Albawinclean

Albawinclean Newcomer

Hi Herman, watch your YouTube videos and find them really helpful I'm on the Mornington Peninsula, Victoria. Where about do you live?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

6. H MAN

H MAN Forum Addict

.We are near Bathurst N.S.W

7. spruce

spruce Grand Master

#7 spruce, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    GoogleEarth_Image.jpg
    H MAN. Sorry, off topic. Why do you fellows reverse into your street parking spots up where you live? Its seems a good idea for safety that your car boots are always closest to the pavement. Is it law?

We were on our way to Bathurst a couple of years ago and stopped off in this little town called Blayney. See how the cars are all reversed in.

This was a good coffee shop and whilst we were there an old bloke came with a white hat and cleaned the windows.

8. H MAN

H MAN Forum Addict

So did you get a chance to talk to this bloke???

9. mossy

mossy Newcomer

That sort of parking isn't standard in Australia, I've only seen it in some NSW towns. I'm pretty sure its so when your driving off you can safely see the traffic coming from your right whereas if your backing out its hard to see anything coming, especially if the car next to you is a big car or has the windows tinted dark.

10. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Nah, he was too busy filming himself. :D

Advertisement