Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1st floor hard deposits

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jimroot

Did a detached house one off clean yesterday, owner reported last done one year ago.

Went well till I noticed on two back 1st floor windows some deposits dead centre. one bird, one bird or paint.

Pure scrub didn't shift all, so got a Harris pole and clamped my porcupine sleeve to scrub them with ecover. Another pure scrub and rinse, still there. I've got in the habit last two weeks of not travelling with my ladder and didn't have a scrapper either.

I wrapped it up, got my money and left.

Would you have considered this a bad job? Don't think it was noticed as customer was picky and the house is to be tenanted. I've stopped buying kit as my buying was endless, but for wfp is a pole and scraper an essential? I've survived to date without

I might get a pole and scraper for removing moss of conservatory roofs.

Carry a scraper in my pocket everywhere......but am still really hesitant to use a scraper anywhere / any method apart from in mee hand /emoticons/smile.png

I read somewhere that patience is the key when cleaning bird muck WFP.

I have had some right little shxxts on windows before - proper cemented on - but they have always come off with some serious amounts of patience & scrubbing with my pole.

I just often saturate, scrub, come back to it later .......saturate, scrub, come back to it later etc etc and it does come off eventually.

Thanks for tips. Id already ran over time on this job so had to stop. If I'd looked closer and done the back first would have been better. But did give it a really good going over with porcupine. Perhaps hot water would have been good. Ill check out that scraper to go on wfp.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might get a pole and scraper for removing moss of conservatory roofs.
Just a thought SPC - if you've got a sill brush then I find these quite a good option for conservatory roofs.

High flow & it gets into all the nooks & crannies /emoticons/smile.png

Back