Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Father of the bride

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'm sure the speech will be brief, and to the point.:whistle:
Went to a wedding last week in which father of the bride was proper proper Yorkshire man.......he was a bus driver for 39 years in Leeds and a true gent........from what I could understand anyway. But his speech was short and sweet and was hands down the best one. Am sure cheap will nail it!

ha...well...every single customer I have said...oh my eldest gets married next week and everyone with out fail says oh so you will have to do the speech then,....

so at the reception I was wondering around picking peoples brains to see what I was supposed to say but basically you just thank everyone and throw in a funny tale about the bride...

well I decided not to drink but soon changed my mind as I was bricking it especially with the inlaws being there...

well I just gabbed away and thanked everyone and told a little tale and I did get three people shake my hand and say it was okay and ...

my mum did a thumbs up sign so I guess I passed...

the wedding went fine really and a great day but cheapie likes his chair and tv and not being in the public eye...

tons of food left over so full up now..

hopefully I CAN have a rest now for a bit..

as for video....if I come across I will post some people did video it ..

cheapie nearly lost it at one point whilst thanking the grooms parents...

they are really nice people but our house is er...a bit basic and I didnt want to scare them too much...so as I was thanking them as they have looked after my daughter and taken her abroad and they paid for tickets etc and also...they helped get her student accommodation and they have always made her so welcome..

so cheapie has to get his act together and tidy up around here...but then again...he is the great procrastinator.../emoticons/biggrin.png

oh cheapie in a suit....:eek:

I went to my mates wedding a few years ago and his groom speech was hilarious..started off with"so after all these years..all these ups and downs and struggles etc etc....spurs are finally top of the league" i spat my champagne out when he said that..new wife was giving dagger eyes to him lol

well hopefully shes a while off....the son he say no ....and the funny daughter is er..funny so doubt anything will happen there but the youngest is defo in love...ahhh

but....it all depends on her boyfriends results on thursday...if he dont get in uni...

she said its good bye...now thats true love..:h:

Back