not happy with aqua tap....... help

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by best, Jan 17, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. best

best Active Member

I used my new aqua tap today, easy to fit. First impressions great, then I used it on real work. I use the gardiner light sill brush. I did not need to press against the window to turn off or on, a quick flick of the wrist would do the job of turning it on or off, and thats the problem, unless you work slowly and carefully it would turn off with any sudden movement of the pole. Also when the pole is against the glass you need to apply a permanent right twist to keep the flow on.
    Am I doing something wrong.
    Any one else had this experience

Advertisement
  2. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

#2 tench0771, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
    im haveing the same prob m8 i used it all day 4 the thurs time to day an im not keen on it ill b puting my aquadapter bk on monday grrrrr it needs to b titer as even a gust of wind will twist it on an off peter said it will titen in time but i cant c it titening up mch more

3. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

im guna fit a nother washer that will titen it up an solve that prob :)

4. best

best Active Member

Where are you getting the washer from.
    Is it a thicker washer or are you putting 2 washers together

5. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

im not shore yet m8 as i havent stripped it down im guna take the washers out an go to a pluming shop or maby a moter mart an mach up the washers an just add 1 an c how it is if needed ill add 2 ill let u no when i strip it m8 it will b this week im guna pm peter an ask 4 a bit of info to b 4 i go in all guns blazing lol as i dont wana bugger it up:)

6. keir

keir Guru

Nightmare!!! Hope you get them sorted, is it made by aquadapter?

When i saw the youtube footage of the aquatap i gotta admit i knew it weren't for me, i know the AD has its faults but i just cant see another way of doing it now, been using one for 18months now and just love em

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You should be telling peter fogwill also your issues with his product surely?
    Before you start messing with it see what he can do first as must be under some sort of guarantee.

This is an interesting vid before you go stripping it down to see what's inside

8. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

ive pm peter just wating 4 a reply !! looks like it can b titend very easy then i think it will just take a bit of geting used to an a change of tecneek im guna have a nother bash to morrow b 4 i do titen it :)

9. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

rite guys peter said if u turn the aquatap to the half way persishion u can pull the pins out an wash the o rings an the little slot they go in that will titen them up an sort the problim:)

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

let us know how you get on;)

Advertisement