"not this time please"

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by WW2015, Jun 26, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. WW2015

WW2015 Member

Really pissed off today. I always text my notifications through letting people know I'm coming the night before. Its time to do a newly canvassed round, worth around £120 or so (OR SO I THOUGHT!!!). When I wake up in the morning I see, "sorry but I wont be there"............"Hello, could you leave your business card as not needed tomorrow"......"thanks but wont be needing a clean tomorrow".

These people were all made aware they were signing up to a monthly round and I feel like I'm being completely pissed around. I take things to heart and I worked bloody hard to make sure they got an excellent job the previous month (the first cleans)....im tempted to drop them all and tell them to sod off if they try to call me.

I wouldnt react like this if I got 1 messer but 3 in a day takes the biscuit.

Advertisement
  2. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

Could Make them all a two monthly round. But sounds like they took advantage of a one off clean so you'll know if you offer a firm two monthly deal if that's the case

3. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Ring ring, ring ring.

Hello?

Good morning Mrs Newcusty, this is happy the window cleaner.

Oh, hello.

Hi, I was just wondering, I sent you a text last night regarding the window cleaning and you've replied with 'not this time' obviously it's my fault as I did not explain clearly when I spoke to you that it is a monthly service I provide and build my business out of regular and reliable customers that have their windows done monthly. Was it not a monthly clean you were looking for?

Now you are into options,

Custy: Yes but I am not home tomorrow -- You: no problem you dont need to be home, just ensure the gate is on the latch so I can get around the property to do the job, I will leave a receipt and catch you later for payment.

Custy: Actually I cant afford that much I was after a clean every three months -- You: no problem, happy to do it, it is £5 per clean extra for 3 monthly as obviously they take more work to keep clean when do less regular.

Custy: Told my husband and he says we cant have a window cleaner -- You: No problem, sorry to hear you married a t**t, have a nice time.

Custy: I just changed my mind, it's not that important to me to have clean windows -- You: No problem madam, if you change your mind in the future just let me know.

Whichever way it goes it is sooooo not worth winding yourself up over, if this sort of thing gets to you then you really are in the wrong industry. Not worth getting upset over a few time wasters.

Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. WW2015

WW2015 Member

It does get to me at the moment, I canvass 4 days a week (which I'm sure you know is fairly soul destroying) and getting responses like the ones above feel like a kick in the teeth and another step back! Generally it wouldn't bother me, my regular customers are usually good as gold.

5. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

this is the reason i dont text phone anyone, after four weeks your right into maintaince cleans the windows are not minging
    i personally dont give them a chance to cancel.Idont knock doors first, just get torn into the graft i,m looking after number one as you said you worked hard on the first clean , its not right eh

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Have I miss-read this? I read this as all new customers you have not yet cleaned? Is that not the case? Have you already done the first clean?

7. Markyboy 50

Never text. Never knock. Pull up and crack on. Simples.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  8. WW2015

WW2015 Member

I canvassed the area last month, did the first cleans a week later and texted everyone last night as they were due for the next clean today. to clear things up for you green. I always give prices based on a monthly, bi monthly and one off clean when I canvassed so they don't have an excuse really

9. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Then go give the outstanding bill for the one offs.

10. David K

David K Forum Addict

This happened to me once , as i pulled up . Took Them Out of the schedule for good . They wasted my time despite we had a clear deal . (Not even new ones )

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
Advertisement