Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My Canvassing Story: I Want £2000 P/m In 4 Weeks?!?!

steele

My goal is to get as close to £2000 worth of work in the next 4 weeks on canvassing. Can it be done?? :Image11:

I did design a flyer but decided against spending that money until I have a few custys and thought I could just print off something simple, so this Is was I used:

IMG_20130713_152209.jpg

It was a hot Saturday (30c +) so I dressed as smartly as I could in shorts and a shirt and got to work on my street which in mostly small maisonettes and 2/3 bed houses.

Today I gained 10 new customers in 3 hrs, this included a stop at a pub for a refreshing cider :Image3:

5 - 4 weekly

5 - 8 weekly

All on the same street for total of £67

Will go out again tomorrow!

Not bad at all.

Talking of cidre. I am going to have a few tonight. Landed the biggest fascia clean to date today at the agreed price with deposit.

Its gonna be a bloody good Christmas this year

On your own you might struggle but a realistic target, 10-2 mon to fri 4-8 mon to fri Sat and Sun 10-2 good luck. On your flyer I would put your home address, and I would also have we are coming in the next 2 weeks as creates urgency.

On your own you might struggle but a realistic target, 10-2 mon to fri 4-8 mon to fri Sat and Sun 10-2 good luck. On your flyer I would put your home address, and I would also have we are coming in the next 2 weeks as creates urgency.
Thanks for the tips, I'll make those changes on my next print outs.

Are those recommended times 10-2pm etc. I'm hoping to do most of my canvassing in the evening and do the work in the day.

Colin

Fantastic result!!! Coincidentally I am sat in the pub tryingtoforce myself to go out knocking and I haveyears worth of experience canvassing.The first knock of the day is 10 times harder thanthe rest.I am starting a W.C. round like yourself having been involved with gutter cleaning previously and still am.It is a very nice add on to your business I have done it fairly succcessfully for quite along time - if you want a chat aboutit I cantell you my script, how I overcome the few objections and how I price it- you are down south you can probably charge alot morethan me /emoticons/wink.png Best of luck whatever you do and a greatmotivator I find is if you work out what each customer is worth over 5 years for example eg a £67 DAY LIKE YOU have just done is worth approx £ 4000 -CALLS FOR TREBLE CIDERS allround!!!! Sorry aboutcaps bad typist regards Nick 0781 6600540if you fancy a chat might be interesting swapping ideas

Fantastic result!!! Coincidentally I am sat in the pub tryingtoforce myself to go out knocking and I haveyears worth of experience canvassing.The first knock of the day is 10 times harder thanthe rest.I am starting a W.C. round like yourself having been involved with gutter cleaning previously and still am.It is a very nice add on to your business I have done it fairly succcessfully for quite along time - if you want a chat aboutit I cantell you my script, how I overcome the few objections and how I price it- you are down south you can probably charge alot morethan me /emoticons/wink.png Best of luck whatever you do and a greatmotivator I find is if you work out what each customer is worth over 5 years for example eg a £67 DAY LIKE YOU have just done is worth approx £ 4000 -CALLS FOR TREBLE CIDERS allround!!!! Sorry aboutcaps bad typist regards Nick 0781 6600540if you fancy a chat might be interesting swapping ideas
Cheers Nick,

Yeah I did the sums when i got home, over the year that 3hrs work has covered my car insurance and tax for the year. happy days :Image10:

There the times I recommend, Ive found after 2 on a sat+sun they start getting a bit hostile and on a nice day no ones in.

Well done mate,yes sherbet sounds good,just landed biggest contract ever for window and carpet cleaning.a few grand for a few days work .going to be a good Christmas this year despite people trying to tap up work since details were posted on this forum.

good luck mate.

Well done mate,yes sherbet sounds good,just landed biggest contract ever for window and carpet cleaning.a few grand for a few days work .going to be a good Christmas this year despite people trying to tap up work since details were posted on this forum.good luck mate.
What details were they ? Have I missed an opportunity ???

Im going to be more realistic and say im aiming for an extra £1000 per 4 weekly in the next 4 weeks .

Im going to book a holiday in a few weeks time with a 1k deposit and this will motivate me to work towards

My goals .

What details were they ? Have I missed an opportunity ???
I posted his name and location in reference to someone in his area.

Ady has already posted his location twice and his name. So it was nothing new.

If ya good wiv a blade ya wont lose ya work wil ya!

I posted his name and location in reference to someone in his area.

Ady has already posted his location twice and his name. So it was nothing new.

If ya good wiv a blade ya wont lose ya work wil ya!
FYI am good with a blade,lost 1 job due to so much on ,she then phones me back up saying new window cleaner who's on here didn't do a good job.Just warning other people don't post personal info on here because you never know.

Not worried though blimey just flogged loads of work and got 2 subbys so end of happy days!

1 hot hour canvassing, the first 30 mins was very frustrating but my luck changed and i'm no longer offering 8 weekly unless they ask.

4 jobs = £42 per month

Time to watch some Tour de France and go back out later

:Image14:

Popped out for another hour canvassing the local area.

2 jobs = £21 per month

Total so far = £103 per month @ a total of 5hrs canvassing that's about £20 per hour canvassing. Not bad but I can do better :Image15:

No canvassing today was too busy getting used to the Harris pole extended but I did get a couple of call backs from my canvassing on Sunday. Plus a call about some gutters.

2 jobs = £16

£119 total

No canvassing today was too busy getting used to the Harris pole extended but I did get a couple of call backs from my canvassing on Sunday. Plus a call about some gutters.2 jobs = £16

£119 total
Good lad keep it up mate you will soon be happy as a pig in doo dah lol .

With a full round to boot .

Back