Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tecbuk Trial Update

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

Tecbuk Review

Used the Tecbuk today first time :) ive always wanted to buy one but i want to see what its like before i buy as these brushes are the gucci & prada of window cleaning brushes ;)

Here is a photo of the same brush i used:

View attachment 1597

Their are good & bad points about the Tecbuk brush:

The good points are:

* This Tecbuk brush cleans faster... It picks up more dirt... and i noticed i saved a bit of time today with this brush :)

* Its more smooth when u glide the brush on the glass... Much better

* Built very well and looks very strong and well built

* The scraper came in handy i toke some paint off a patio door with it... without hardly any effort either :)

The bad points are:

* The brush head ( the black part ) - when u bang it of somewhere such as a wall or frame... It makes a banging noise .. which i didnt like

Overall its a good brush And is well worth investing in :)

The only other 2 brushes i have used are gardiners sill brush and medial dual trim brush :)

Rating: 9/10

Tecbuk brush Reviewed by: They Call Me H @ Window Cleaning Forums

View attachment 1070

Depends how offen you bang the brush head. As if you are banging it. You are doing something wrong bud. I mean while cleaning windows.

Don't hit the sides :) good review one of my brushes need replacing, how did it compare with weight in mind or did the speed out do it

Ive glued a bit of foam round the edge as a bit of a shock absorber.I don't think the bang does any damage, it just sounds like it sometimes.

I've thought about a little velcro which would serve 2 purposes, not bothered about banging as it's not really happening at the mo.

Took my new one out for a run yesterday with the sidetrack and that little addition is totally minted.

So Richard, how will U go about addressing the banging noise ;-)
I take it this comment is said in jest, but! If it’s any help - yesterday I cleaned 13 jobs didn’t really notice banging the brush when cleaning – I move the brush very fast when cleaning the glass and only slow down when I get to the edge if I am going side to side, if you put the brush on the frame to clean – speed up again.

Richard

I take it this comment is said in jest, but! If it’s any help - yesterday I cleaned 13 jobs didn’t really notice banging the brush when cleaning – I move the brush very fast when cleaning the glass and only slow down when I get to the edge if I am going side to side, if you put the brush on the frame to clean – speed up again.
Richard
Yup!

Commom sense then realy isn't it Richard /emoticons/wink.png/emoticons/smile.png .

Yes Bingo, but credit to H for highlighting a problem (?) that no one has ever mentioned before.

Upvc window frames is a much harder material then the Tecbuk brush stock, so no matter how hard the frame gets hit, its the brush stock that will give.

Richard

I'll be getting some Tecuk brushes soon.

The company I work for only supply the cheapest and most basic of products available, so for the time being, will these brushes fit the Green Unger pole which the company I work for supplies....or will they need some kind of threaded adaptor to fit the pole...If you know what I mean.

I am slowly strenthening my arsenal of products ready for going on my own when a new and better pole will be purchased too /emoticons/wink.png .

If your pole has the two opposite holes at the top for slotting ends into you'll need something with that and a thread at the end, i used to do it that way till I got slx. Forget what there called but you can get them from wintecs for a few quid. I think you can get free delivery too if you choose the economy del. mine came next day at that!

I think they call them euro thread same as broom the American use a smaller size called acme which I think is on the unger and Harris poles. I sure Richard can shed some light but I think most brushes for wfp is the euro one

I think they call them euro thread same as broom the American use a smaller size called acme which I think is on the unger and Harris poles. I sure Richard can shed some light but I think most brushes for wfp is the euro one

Agreed. Looks like it'll fit onto that angle adapter on that pic.
Great, that's what I wanted to hear /emoticons/smile.png .

I think outside of Europe, some people do call it the euro thread, or German thread, it’s really just a tapered thread.

Its much better to continue to use a tapered thread on your equipment, so you will always have a large range of products to choose from; some wfp system manufactures or pole manufacturers will change the thread so you are stuck with buying there products only.

Richard

Back