Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Why does my resin not last?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Vinny vin

Sparkles
Swapped to twin di vessels no ro anymore both 11lt filled with mix bed resin . I use 500 litres a day and work 6 days a week so that's 3000 lt of water a week. My tds out my tap averages out to 100ppm so how long should my resin last me before I need to change it. ?

i have twin 15 ltr di 600 ltr a week so it will last me 2 months may be a bit ,longer tds 70 i do all bottoms trad

According to the resin calculator, 1 only 11 liter di vessel will need the resin changed every week. That's £175 a month on resin. Wow.

With twin di's you should be slightly better off.

How often are you changing resin now?

According to the resin calculator, 1 only 11 liter di vessel will need the resin changed every week. That's £175 a month on resin. Wow.

Need changing every week?

Swapped to twin di vessels no ro anymore both 11lt filled with mix bed resin . I use 500 litres a day and work 6 days a week so that's 3000 lt of water a week. My tds out my tap averages out to 100ppm so how long should my resin last me before I need to change it. ?
not that long mate, i have twin 11ltr d.i and about 100ppm.

o only use about 500 a week and a bag of resin lass approx 3 months.

Alright @spruce

What resin calculator are you referring to bud?

Is that available to the rest of us riff raff?

Cheers /emoticons/smile.png

Nice one spruce /emoticons/smile.png

I am currently trying to make much more of an effort to monitor how much resin I am going through.

The calculator says a bag every 11 weeks whereas in reality it's about every 3-4 weeks :-(

Nice one spruce /emoticons/smile.png
I am currently trying to make much more of an effort to monitor how much resin I am going through.

The calculator says a bag every 11 weeks whereas in reality it's about every 3-4 weeks :-(

There will be lots of factors that can throw it out. However, yours is a little extreme.

First the calculator is only a guess at best, but its better than nothing.

Our water fluctuates between 97 and 134 ppm on Teesside. That's an increase of about 40%. It isn't a duff TDS meter as it does get checked against testing fluid (can be purchased from Daqua).

The temperature of the same water also changes the TDS reading. The warmer the water the higher the TDS reading. But does this mean that warmer water uses more resin to purify it? I don't think so but I have never found a definitive answer.

There has been much talk of resin quality recently. If this is so then a poor quality, low grade resin wouldn't last as long. Some have been complaining about Tulsion MB115. Doug from Daqua tells us that there are 2 streams of MB115 on the market, one is definitely a lower grade to the other.

I expect we use around 450 liters a day. (78,000 liters of tap water every 3 months approx with a 50/50 pure to waste ratio. The resin calculator says I should use a full bag of resin in 156 weeks.) I have a 6 liter di vessel and the tds after r/o is 2. I changed the last lot of resin after a year. So my experience is that a bag should last 4 years. I also don't bother with disconnecting my di vessel when the r/o starts, so the resin also has to cope with tds creep as well. But at least I have an idea of what I could use. So for me ordering several bags of resin would be a waste - last time I shared a bag with another windie locally.

There will be lots of factors that can throw it out. However, yours is a little extreme.
First the calculator is only a guess at best, but its better than nothing.

Our water fluctuates between 97 and 134 ppm on Teesside. That's an increase of about 40%. It isn't a duff TDS meter as it does get checked against testing fluid (can be purchased from Daqua).

The temperature of the same water also changes the TDS reading. The warmer the water the higher the TDS reading. But does this mean that warmer water uses more resin to purify it? I don't think so but I have never found a definitive answer.

There has been much talk of resin quality recently. If this is so then a poor quality, low grade resin wouldn't last as long. Some have been complaining about Tulsion MB115. Doug from Daqua tells us that there are 2 streams of MB115 on the market, one is definitely a lower grade to the other.

I expect we use around 450 liters a day. (78,000 liters of tap water every 3 months approx with a 50/50 pure to waste ratio. The resin calculator says I should use a full bag of resin in 156 weeks.) I have a 6 liter di vessel and the tds after r/o is 2. I changed the last lot of resin after a year. So my experience is that a bag should last 4 years. I also don't bother with disconnecting my di vessel when the r/o starts, so the resin also has to cope with tds creep as well. But at least I have an idea of what I could use. So for me ordering several bags of resin would be a waste - last time I shared a bag with another windie locally.
Nice one bro. I am DI only (should have mentioned that!) and its 253ppm down here. Have got x2 11l vessels in the van and have the flow rate quite high.........so basically I don't do myself any favours /emoticons/wink.png

I've recently reverted straight back to using Tulsion MB115 though after a brief ill fated trial with other resins. It does seem to be working better.

:thumbsup:

Back