Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Foot the ladder

WCF

Help Support WCF:

im trying to remember the name of those yellow safety legs that you used to be able to buy,for the life of me i cannot remember the name,you clipped one on each side of the stiles.they were the definitive safety gizmo for a long time

iv jus rememebered ! see iv not lost it --- ladda limpets! i had a set of these ( they arent made anymore , why is that?were there claims made who knows ]

Anyhow i used them a few times with no problem,then on a different forum in a discussion about safety ,2 lads wrote that they had limpets that had lost grip in a split second ,a very scarey experience by all accounts . i sold mine shortly afterwards

Would not recommend using the link i put up, Mine still has not came and he has stopped replying to my emails :mad::mad:
Call your bank to cancel the transaction mate. I had to do this once. An easy way to know if you've been scammed is to email the company offering to do a bulk buy saying you're a purchaser for BT/SKY etc. Watch how quick you get a reply then. Funny when they realise they've been scammed.

im trying to remember the name of those yellow safety legs that you used to be able to buy,for the life of me i cannot remember the name,you clipped one on each side of the stiles.they were the definitive safety gizmo for a long timeiv jus rememebered ! see iv not lost it --- ladda limpets! i had a set of these ( they arent made anymore , why is that?were there claims made who knows ]

Anyhow i used them a few times with no problem,then on a different forum in a discussion about safety ,2 lads wrote that they had limpets that had lost grip in a split second ,a very scarey experience by all accounts . i sold mine shortly afterwards
You would think that someone, somewhere, could make/manufacture the definitive safety device for stabilising a ladder. I still cant believe that ladders arent sold with inbuilt safety features. For example, surely it wouldnt be difficult to fit some spikes on each side of the ladder (at the bottom, obviously) that could be pushed down when footing the ladder on soft ground.

if i,m on the gutters cleaning using my killer ladder ( big beast solid as a rock ) take no chances have my mate holding

easy peasy no chance of any accidents remember lads you canny clean windows in a wheel chair

Same here boar.....it could slide. Also, could that structure support a trade ladder and the windy on it.
im all for anything that actually does the job - but reading the blurb about that,the gecko feet idea , sounds like somebody keeping geckos is behind it and it looks a very complicated design. this is where a british standard or euro standard should test these items, which as far as i know isnt being done. lives are at risk

Back