Now that's karma!!!!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Eviestevie, Sep 7, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

3 month ago I lost a customer of 3 years to a new windie
    She informed me the windie had quoted half the price off mine but if I'd price match she would keep me.
    I politely declined which was hard felt like ripping into her but hey I'm not short of work so bit my tongue
    Anyways been in the road today and she came rushing across the road to me,so I'm ready to politely tell her I'm fully booked when she tells me the new windie came yday and the neighbour heard a bang and seen him picking his pole up from the front of her brand new BMW X5 and when she returned home there's a big dent and scratch down bonnet and he hadn't left a ticket and did I no him or were he lived?
    Told her not seen him round here before hers being the only house in the estate he did and that probably he wasn't insured and has done one!
    i actually got on really well with her fella and had banter so chuckled when she said the husband goons go mad
    Love it

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

And I know exactly where the windie lives so I have a little bit off ammo against him if he decides to undercut again

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. spruce

spruce Grand Master

I would go back and leave a note through the door with his address.

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

#4 daveyboy, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    What sort of bell end leaves a pole where it can fall anyway
    Unnatended pole is asking for trouble
    If my hands aren't on mine it is collapsed and leant in a corner so it can't fall

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

thats wat u do wen u want an excuse to buy a new pole lol :p

not leave it to fall on a bmw llol

u put it up fully then slam it to the ground

oh no wife i broke my pole today i need to get a new one or i cant work :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I had a customer text me last Friday saying there is a windy in the road charging £12 for 3 bed houses and could I match it (I charge £20 as it isn't a normal 3 bed, 1 massive bedroom window over a conny which needs a 30' pole, big **** off conny too). I replied by saying it sounded cheap and will he clean sills and front door etc not knowing if he had quoted the house or not. Within minutes I get a picture text of this other cleaners flier, the prices were all 'FROM' I texted her back pointing this out and she didn't reply. She is due this Friday and I normally text her before to leave gate open and money. Would you guys not bother with that job again? It's the only one I do in her road.

7. TolishAPurd

The moment someone starts moaning about money they are welcome to piss off IMO. If on the other hand I look at the price and think, maybe I was taking the biscuit a bit, I wouldnt mind dropping a little as I'm not trying to rip people off, just want to make a fair days pay, for a fair days work. But if they want to take a chance on an unisured desperado without the same overheads as me, they are welcome to leave.

8. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Tuffers I'd just do it and hope from now on she has her tail between her legs. If she cared only about money why has she not booked the other windie in and cancelled you? Maybe she has called him and he quote £20 lol. But then I don't have enough custies to chuck any away, even annoying cheeky ones lol.

Eviestevie maybe he'll be back with an insurance claim against the car, saying he drove into his pole haha

9. TolishAPurd

This story made my day mate, love it when it happens like that. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I think you spend too much time with your hands on your pole already Davey! :p:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
Advertisement