Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Two person pressure washing options.

Diwrnach

Looking at ways to have two people pressure washing at the same time, just not sure the best way to go about it, could add a second washer but then you are going to run into water supply issues I would imagine.

So do you then add a bowser and run both off the bowser while refilling it?

Is there an easier way I am not thinking of?

Easiest yea or u cud run two off one but then u r dividing the pressure and lpm in to

What size u run at the min? I think u cud get away with 15lpm x. 2

I'm sure you've already thought of it, but would you not just be better off spending the cash on a very good quality pressure washer, if you haven't got one already? You could also do the moving plant pots, sweeping water, and using a gutter vac to suck up the water. At least that's how I would probably do it. There's plenty of work for a second person if you look for it. Even while you are packing up, the good lady could be clean the windows.

All depends on the kind of jobs you are going for obviously.

We already have a 21lpm machine with 21" rotary etc etc etc

But we get some really large jobs and would be so much faster with two machines running, we do find bits and bobs to do, sweeping, moving stuff etc but often we are doing the "come on my go" routine as we end up with a fair bit of downtime waiting for your next go.

So just thinking of buying another and knocking the jobs out really quick. Always have a spare then if one breaks down or something.

We already have a 21lpm machine with 21" rotary etc etc etc
But we get some really large jobs and would be so much faster with two machines running, we do find bits and bobs to do, sweeping, moving stuff etc but often we are doing the "come on my go" routine as we end up with a fair bit of downtime waiting for your next go.

So just thinking of buying another and knocking the jobs out really quick. Always have a spare then if one breaks down or something.
Do you have your own water supply on board or use customers tap? As 2 machines would clear through the water fast

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

What about just sending your wife off in the van to some other work, and she just pick you up when done? Depends how much of this work you are getting in as to whether it's worth buying a browser.

What about just sending your wife off in the van to some other work, and she just pick you up when done? Depends how much of this work you are getting in as to whether it's worth buying a browser.
This is an option, one I have been considering, not sure she will go for it, and after working alone for so long its kinda nice having company tbh lol

I use splitter on all my machines except the steamer

You need a minimum of 30lpm and good water supply

If you have a decent machine with good engine it would be cheaper to replace the pump to say 40lpm

But you need a decent buffer tank

The chicken farm I clean the firm provide the machine and it cost more money than my business is worth but it's a serious machine

I had a trailer custom made to fit an IBC tank and plumbed for pressure washers. Trailers are generally a PITA but in some circumstances its a lifesaver, like on jobs where you're washing 500mtrs from the nearest water supply (We often used fire hydrants - they'd fill the tank in 2 mins flat, but you need a permit from your local council usually) or when water pressure was low & a large buffer tank was handy.

Obviously when full it was WAY over the legal weight limit, so it was usually towed to site near empty and the first job of the day was to find a water supply & hook up, or fill from a hydrant,.. but even if we couldn't get a hose to feed it, it gave us an hour between hydrant refills...

That is what I am thinking, 500 though because I don't have trailer test done and passed my car test late (biker) and have it filling permanently from customers supply.

Run two machines off that.

Its the bloody logistics of it all then though, van with bowser being towed around small villages in the Cotswolds doing posh houses...... might be a nightmare.

Back