Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lyte 3m triple ladders

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ash brown

http://www.midlandladders.com/products/Lyte_Triple_3_0m_Trade_Ladder_BSEN131-534-152.html?gclid=CLCSu_Pz3cECFVDItAod-yEAlw

Has anyone here got any experience of these ladders, id like a new set so I can do the odd gutter clean job when asked.

Also my 2.5m triple set are very old and heavy as hell. Does anyone know if these lyte ladders are fine with spikes fitted too.

Any advice welcome im trying to pick up some pro gutter tools from b and q also but my local outfit said they only stock them in the bigger stores! Do these fit direct to a harris pole?

i have a set of the lyte triples 3.0 , they are made of heavier construction than the 3.0 doubles of which iv several sets as main ladders. but not so heavy that they are impossible to carry on the shoulder . i use them every week for the 3 storey jobs . if you are 6ft tall you can extend them fully in upright position , just,but if you are 5ft8 you would have to lay them down to do it

id buy the same again if they wore out/ spikes fit on fine

the only downer with lyte ladders i find is that when they come new they have a few sharp edges on the ladders fittings-i spend a good half hour with a needle file removing these

Yes the progutter tools fit a harris pole or any other pole with an acme thread. Myself I prefer to use an old stripped down wfp as the clamps on the harris type poles are not so good. If wanting to fit a progutter tool on a wfp you will need an acme thread adaptor as they are euro threads so wont fit straight on them.

This is what I use and just swap over the male euro bit to the acme one on a spare plastic angle adaptor

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/the-reach-around-dual-tool-gooseneck-adaptor.html

This is the ladder set up I use for roofline work i.e gutter & downspout unblocking etc as makes the job so much safer & easier to do when ladders can be used.

View attachment 3159

You will come accross jobs/parts of jobs where ladders are impossible to use so I also use a guttervac on most jobs too where needed. If I can get away with just using a guttervac I will as reduces the risk of a fall. The reason why I used ladders on that one was to clear all the blocked downspouts on that property as was fitted with downspout mesh covers.

That one also had internal gutter brackets so I could not use a progutter tool on a pole even if I wanted too.

View attachment 3160

Mind you handballing all this stinking crud from the gutters would have been very unpleasant to do by hand

View attachment 3161

View attachment 3162

I soon found out when offering a gutter clearing service you will come accross many jobs that need both methods used instead of turning work away that pays very well. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers smurf very informative post I like your set up, wondering now whether I should set up for gutter clearing and leave wfp for the future.

Regarding quick guttering inspections on quotes and guttervac clearing in real time the best camera I've used to date is a gopro hero + silver fitted with a backpac. Will take vids & pics too which comes in very handy as a sales tool. When wanting to see what you are doing in real time the camera connects to either an android or iphone using the gopro app.

Here are some example pics if interested of an awkard job where the only time I used a ladder was to completely unblock one downspout that was blocked in the second bend close to the wall that I could not completely clear using a guttervac on its own.

View attachment 3168

Hope this helps?

View attachment 3163

View attachment 3164

View attachment 3165

View attachment 3166

View attachment 3167

Good post smurf.:thumbsup:

Quick question, do you or anyone else here know where I can pick up a metal acme thread?

After clearing the gutters & downspouts on that one I then used my wfp van mount using hot pure water & chems to clean all the plastics & windows excluding the conservatory as was having a new tilled roof fiited soon.

So on that one if I did not have they wfp kit aswell would have only been able to do half the job the customer wanted doing.

Cheers smurf very informative post I like your set up, wondering now whether I should set up for gutter clearing and leave wfp for the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks...Why metal?
Its for a possible welding project mate, but if I can't find one then I'll get a plastic one and rivet it on. Basically I'm after the same ones that are on the end of a Harris pole but without having to destroy a pole.

I have an old knacker harris pole that if you like I will take the acme metal end off and send it to you for free. All you will have to do is pay for the postage.

To be honest I would have thought you would be probably better off using a plastic angle adaptor with a acme male adaptor on the end as would not only be less weight than a metal one you could also change the angle you want the tool set at.

After saying that it all depends what you want to put on the end I suppose as I'm now intrigued what you want to use it for @TolishAPurd

Regarding triple ladders for gutter work I find the ones with a wide stabiliser bar at the bottom much easier to set up as don't tend to twist and get unstable when extending on your own using the push up method.

The ones I like to use are a 12 rung combi from BPS but they also do normal 12 rung or longer triples too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-12-Rung-Combi-Combination-Extension-Triple-Treble-3-Section-Multi-Step-Ladder-/310701016266?pt=UK_Baby_BabyFeedingUtensils_EH&var=&hash=item48573944ca

I also never use ladders without an ankalad fitted now

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I use the same lyte jobbies in 12 rung 8.42 metre

They are my everyday ladder but sometimes when i know the job has solid level ground i only use the top 2 sections as with the ankalad on also they can be a tad heavy on the shoulder due to the smaller point of contact with the ankalad bar on your shoulder

no sharp edges on mine boar

Must have been lucky

I'm lucky in a way as I don't have to cart/use ladders that much for gutter cleaning/clearing or window cleaning as I prefer to use other methods now. Also I don't have to turn work away that pays very well.

However if need be when using ladders for roofline work etc I make sure that the ladders I'm working from is as safe as it can be. Hence why I use that kit and is set up that way. Then all I have to do is concentrate that I don't fall off the bloody thing /emoticons/biggrin.png

To be honest I would have thought you would be probably better off using a plastic angle adaptor with a acme male adaptor on the end as would not only be less weight than a metal one you could also change the angle you want the tool set at.
After saying that it all depends what you want to put on the end I suppose as I'm now intrigued what you want to use it for @TolishAPurd
Good thought with the angle adapter mate. Pretty simple what I'm going to do really. I'm going to make up a few poles of various sizes for my progutter attachments. At the moment I use a harris pole which is a bit unweildy for shorter distances. So what I want to make is maybe a 2m 1m and 0.5metre. We have a really good metal supplier locally so I can pick up some good quality very lightweight aluminium, so even 1 handed use of the 2m handle should be easy. Now the attachments are quite cheap I'm planning on getting a few more to save having to keep changing them. I reckon the harris is great for spanning the long distances, but when things get a little closer it would be great to ditch the unnesasary weight of the 2 extensions and just switch to a single tube of alli. It should be easier to clean afterwards too. :thumbsup:

Some broom handles already have a euro thread on them also some extending mop handles too.

Hmmm. I never thought of looking at broom handles and the like. I might go down that route instead. Cheers.

And sorry for the thread hijack Ash. FWIW I have the same ladder gutter setup as smurf on his recomendation and can honestly say I'd be lost without it now.

And thanks for the offer on the thread smurf i missed that post the first time round, if I don't find what I'm after I may take you up on that offer. :thumbsup:

Back