Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What you say

Say

Hi there, have you got a window cleaner? if they say no, say, would you like a window cleaner? if they say yes, say how much you would charge.

Something along those lines I guess =)

Hello, just seen your windows are stinking, I'm a window cleaner and bobs your uncle, will be round next week cheers

Or you could try, hey, I clean windows in the area every 4 weeks, I'm due round again next week ( or whenever ) and I was just wondering if you would be interested in having yours cleaned?

Hi, my name's Will and I clean windows in the area, would you be interested in a free window cleaning quote?

*Allow for response*

*Respond accordingly*

I'm chatty so it goes more smooth and less robotic from there.

I was walking from the shops today and noticed that every house in a particular road had: "We do not buy from cold callers", stickers in their windows!

So would you still bother to knock the door to ask for business or just jog on by to another street?

i still knock the cold calling stickered doors, they tend to be for sales guys, ie double glazing and iv never had anyone mention the sticker after i knocked, but i have got a good few customers who had the stickers!lol

i still knock the cold calling stickered doors, they tend to be for sales guys, ie double glazing and iv never had anyone mention the sticker after i knocked, but i have got a good few customers who had the stickers!lol
same here. I've asked existing customers who have those stickers up and they say wouldn't have problem with windys calling, they say how else would you get a window cleaner! as above they view those stickers for 'proper salesmen'!

we canvass while wearing uniform, looks more professional, and we (ok my wife does) says : I'm calling from as window cleaning, were currently expanding our round in the area, would you be interested in having your windows cleaned regularly?

helps if smile and look less threatening!

i used to canvass for a few double glazing firms and i would not knock those houses for them, its different for a window cleaner, as an industry we get much more respect than double glazing etc

Latest Posts

Back