Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

White smoke coming out of the van

Amazin

This happened few days ago and I took it to the garage. Got told its the turbo that needs replacing. I paid £770 for the turbo/labour/VAT. I was told that  do still expect white smokes coming out the exhaust but it should be gone in a few days as it takes time to burn it off.

Is this normal, I know its only been a day but I haven't noticed much reduction in amount of smokes

I would check to see if you're using water. I've always associated white smoke as a cylinder head gasket blown. Is it less powerful and smoke increase when the revs are higher?

If it was the turbo you do get oil in the exhaust that will take time to burn off, but oil smoke tends to be blueish. 

Sorry mate but it sounds like you have been ripped off. White smoke is coolant burning off and nothing to do with your Turbo. With all fuel injected/turbo cars you will always get allot of consensation build up in the exhaust system that when you start up first thing in the morning you see the White smoke, water burning off then it clears as its evaporated away. If your getting continual white smoke then coolant is entering the combustion cycle, through the head gasket or a cracked head/block? The turbo charger is water and oil cooled, only ever heard of the oil seals going on a turbo as the turbine shafts bearings are oil cooled. The water jacket on the turbo for cooling it as far as I have seen never fails to allow water into the combustion. 

Turbo are they having a laugh? White smoke is head gasket water in combustion chambers you know if turbo has gone it normally goes to max revs and you can't turn off engine as it's running on it's own oil out of the sump
Take it back demand refund

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back