October weather

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Shiny, Oct 31, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

Can you believe this weather we are getting at the end of October.... still working in short sleeves today not complaining though.
    However is this the calm before the storm..? I was working out in the sticks yesterday at a farm house, the old lad there assured me we're in for a hard winter. Apparently the bushes are full of berries which at this time of year is unusual....according to the old lad this means it's natures way of looking after its self when the bad weather kicks in plenty of food for birds and all the small animals. Might just be a country mith but you never know he might be right

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

It's very warm for this time of year for sure bud so best make the most of it :thumbsup:

3. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

if you can get to turkey time we are doing well with out any really bad weather, by the new year the short,ist day is behind us we take all the **** weather january throws at us.
    Febuary the days are pulling out and hopfully the bad **** weather we have had the worse.
    thats my way of thinking for the winter, make as much as you can now

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I remember looking at me van covered in 5" of snow one year thinking fcuk it...
    It took me ages to thaw out that big block of ice I call a van tank. :D

5. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

I was told by a farmer the berry thing is because of a mild winter followed by a good spring ,,, who knows , nature has a funny thing of kicking u up the butt when things are running smoothly

6. shazzy692002

Last winte rwas fab, people were o pleased to see me after all the wind we had to make there windows dirty.....I bet we don't have a dad winter. They say it every year, cant remember the last bad winter we had...

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

2 years ago shaz
    About a month of snow

8. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

Indeed there was daveyboy1 I remember it well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Yeah i didn't get out much then

10. shazzy692002

I think it all depend where you live, I have been w/c for 3 years done 4 winters....snow has stopped me a little but not much, minus 0 has stopped me more. as I live near the coast, I don't think we get it so bad

Advertisement