off out canvassing in 5 mins..

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by harunh, May 17, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

All my jobs are on nice modern 2,3 bedroom housed estates... nice area and decent people :(

I got 6 regular cleans :) on one estate .... most of them had a window cleaner.... but i picked up the little bit he left behind... this is the only way i can grow my business.... and every customer helps...

now am targetting another estate just over the road from the estate i have.... and yesterday i seen another window cleaner go in to that estate am planniong on going into today.... at around 5 o clock ? he might of been going to canvass ? or even picking money up ? or even do a last job ?

I know that window cleaner is from that area though :)

Now one thing i noticed.......

When you go in to every estate.... if you canvass the houses that are close to when you walk in... they all have window cleaners..... if you go right to the bottom end of the estate... you will pick upa good few..... all my 6 customers.... have been from the bottom end.... and when i canvassed customers from the opening end.... it was all..... sorry sorry sorry no no no

lol.... so get right down the bottom and start from their and you will do well....

The estate am going to go on now.... is 3 times bigger then the 1 i just been on ! so might take me ages to canvass

lol

Advertisement
  2. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

3. Ryan

Ryan Guest

let us know how u get on
    i'm sure you will lol :(

4. mark m

mark m Hero

lol i am sure he will :):(

5. lee.h

lee.h Member

haha

6. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

I agree with you H

Some window cleaners often end up missing the end of the estates I dont know why, but its a good way to pick up custies

7. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

Have you finished canvassing yet harunh ;)

8. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Takin his bloody time ay he .

9. harunh

harunh Legend

yepp... i said in my post earlier.... another window cleaner was going in to that estate...... well he actuallys lives in that estate ! i seen one of his vans parked up at the front of a drive with cars behind it ! lol... hes got 2 vans... and 1 was on the drive ! .... and this estate was rubbish ! everyone had a window cleaner... its a massive estate though... i couldnt pick no custys up... it was no,no,no,no,no and i only got 1 customer on that whole estate!

the man came to the door and said n othanks i went to the next door... and she said no... the previous man came back and said oh yeah we do want a window cleaner ! lool... i go to him did the misses tell u lol he was like yeah haaha and i quoted him £8.00 just a normal house.... with 3,4 windwos at front... and hes got a conservatory at the back but its pretty big.... and 2 small windows above it.... he has self cleaning glass on his conserv... so just cleaning the sides of the conserv all this for 8 quid every 4 weeks

i couldnt do anything else on this estate it had no scope for me at all

i went to the next estate... this estate was smaller then any estate i canvassed on so far...

a few windows had laods of bird droppings on them so i was feelina bit lucky lol

and 1 women wanted her house doing... she was interested in poles and ladders i go i use pole.... u ever seen them.. she goes not reeli.... but i will now lol i go to her no problem she goes every month u come i go i work opn a 4 weekly schedule so i will call every 4 weeks..

she had a conservatory but small windows pretty small house and i quoted her 9 quid... shud of been 10 quid ;) but 10 quid seems much more then 9 quid ! :| lol

i said to her..... i got a few calls from people down here to clean their windows ( I NEVER REALLY ) so i thought id knock on doors... and she was like oh yeah... this makes u look more professional and makes people think you are popular and people want u.

Also when u knock on doors.... and u always get that man.... whos like no i have window cleaner ( THEN HE LOOKS AT U AS IF YOUR TRYING TO NICK PEOPLES WORK ) I just say to him i just had a few calls down here u see mate... got a few houses down their ( wherever ) so while i was here i fort id do a bit of door knocking and they start being all happy with u and say to u ye why not mate eyyy ? lool

so thats 2 customers up 2 now

then i got a 3rd customer who just moved in her house recently.... her house was worth 6 quid all day long.... but i quoted her 7 quid.... :)

she goes u come every fort***ht?

i go na... once every 4 weeks....

ive said this to most of my customers.....

when they say to u.... u come fort***htly... this is what i say.... a lot of people ask me.... but theirs no point... because windows dont get dirty after 2 weeks.... i think 4 weeks is fine... 2 weeks is just to much.... and they agree with me goin oh yeee yeeee true :) lol and people will think ohh.. hes decent ( if he wanted my money he would try and get me every 2 weeks instead ) so they think hes good really genuine ect :)

lol i covered all that little estate up... 2 customers out of it not bad...

3 customers in total for walking about for 2 and a half hours !

has to be done lol

10. A.K WINDOWS

i cant be arsed reading what you said last H but hope all is good lmfao my eyes are killing me looking at your posts lol

Advertisement