Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working today?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nope. Just been down the cafe with a couple of mates on our motorbikes, lovely. Home now relaxing in the garden in the beautiful sunshine thinking of you boys pushing poles up and down /emoticons/wink.png

Nope. Just been down the cafe with a couple of mates on our motorbikes, lovely. Home now relaxing in the garden in the beautiful sunshine thinking of you boys pushing poles up and down /emoticons/wink.png
I've never pushed a pole in my life:eek:

got girls off school till Tuesday so im off till Tuesday .youngest been spewing up since Wednesday tho so iv not worked ,gggrrrr sods law its been perfect cleaning weather lol

Did a conservatory and gutter clean

A 1 minging first clean big house

A 1 first clean average house

4 normal maintenance cleans

Having a beer now

Felt like Christmas morning driving between 8-1pm ........got loads done.

But then got caught in a stinker of a traffic jam on the way to last job /emoticons/sad.png

So mixed day.

Worked today, at one point had two people at same time come n ask me to do their Windows, went to see one, but waste of time, they didn't like my price as too expensive, their last windy hadn't came back in two years. Wonder why? I might take Monday off, but will wait n see, as I'm off to Spain on wednesday for 10 days

I did an S/F/G and a gilf next door asked me for a quote too :hehehe:. Then did a one off inside and out and I was there for 3 freekin hours :eek:, the glass sheeted lovely but when I got inside to do the insides it was apparent that all sorts of :turd: was coming out of the non existent seals and there were runs all over the shop. If I'd have been doing just the outsides I'd have walked away thinking I'd done a good job :confused: You just couldn't see the runs from outside. A total nightmare of a job!

I did an S/F/G and a gilf next door asked me for a quote too :hehehe:. Then did a one off inside and out and I was there for 3 freekin hours :eek:, the glass sheeted lovely but when I got inside to do the insides it was apparent that all sorts of :turd: was coming out of the non existent seals and there were runs all over the shop. If I'd have been doing just the outsides I'd have walked away thinking I'd done a good job :confused: You just couldn't see the runs from outside. A total nightmare of a job!
Yep had the same issue the other day, just a pain sometimes, now I know that you really should go back n check your work if only doing outsides on a first clean. I might even use my go pro camera to check top Windows just to ensure a good job, as long as it's a job worth doing tho

When doing first cleans I always let the custy know that they might not dry perfect the first time as they were so dirty and it's hard to make them as clean as normal on the first clean ect. But expect them to be perfect the second time around. Just covers your back then.

I don't say anything about the possible quality of the job

I tell them they may get the odd dirty drip from where i have cleaned all the muck out from abouve the frames etc and it is possible but rare that a bit will drip down once i have gone

If it does give me a shout and I'll go over the offending window when i am passing

Everyone seems happy with that

I don't say anything about the possible quality of the jobI tell them they may get the odd dirty drip from where i have cleaned all the muck out from abouve the frames etc and it is possible but rare that a bit will drip down once i have gone

If it does give me a shout and I'll go over the offending window when i am passing

Everyone seems happy with that
Pretty much what I do. Be confident in your work but let them know your approachable if there are any unforseen problems, saves you getting binned after the first clean as "that pole guy didn't do a very good job"

To be honest though i have had 1 complaint from a first clean since last june and that was a dirty run down the glass from above the frame after a very dirty first clean once the roofers had taken the scaffolding down from a new roof installation so dust everywhere

Back