Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New hose reels

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi @Eviestevie,have you got you reels sorted yet please? If so, how are you doing with them?

Cheers
Hi spruce

So far I've only loaded up my pressure washing hose onto one of the reels but that's a inch thick and pulls out 30 metre no problems

They've not been powder coated yet as I've had a change of heart with the colour scheme

I was originally going for the orange but with with the dreadful feedback I've had from xline I'm looking else where but they was the only ones doing orange tanks

I had a new petal reel from the window cleaning warehouse with a power up reel delivered Friday

No assembly instructions with the reel but ok for the power up.

All day, 3 attempts yesterday before they were set up right.

The last time I buy anything that needs assembly.

Tony

Hi spruceSo far I've only loaded up my pressure washing hose onto one of the reels but that's a inch thick and pulls out 30 metre no problems

They've not been powder coated yet as I've had a change of heart with the colour scheme

I was originally going for the orange but with with the dreadful feedback I've had from xline I'm looking else where but they was the only ones doing orange tanks
I was having a chat with @adam davies ta The Cleaning Warehouse about colored tanks. He says for 10% on top of sale price if tank you can have the color you want. As obviously I am shopping for a Green tank.

Hope thats helpful

I was having a chat with @adam davies ta The Cleaning Warehouse about colored tanks. He says for 10% on top of sale price if tank you can have the color you want. As obviously I am shopping for a Green tank.
Hope thats helpful
That helps a lot green as I really want to make new van something that little different

Plus I see it as a hobby pimping up the van

does it not matter wat runs thru the hose as the hose with air would be lighter thanb a hose full of water to pull in ?
Not sure what you mean Peter?

Air hose and pressure wash hose is much heavier and thicker in diameter than micro bore hose

i no it is but when u have a full reel of 100m microbore 8mm and full of water would the reel still cope in auto reelin in 50m of it ? if you have 50m already on the reel ? does that make sense ?

oooh would be great pleasure having electric automatic reels

i,ve got two manuel reels fitted on top of my water tank

sheet off ply on top off my tank, reels screwed down, works great

you have to be short **** to get in back off van to reel the hose on though

oooh would be great pleasure having electric automatic reelsi,ve got two manuel reels fitted on top of my water tank

sheet off ply on top off my tank, reels screwed down, works great

you have to be short **** to get in back off van to reel the hose on though
Then you need to buy my Water Works Power up reel off me @Duncs /emoticons/smile.png)

With automatic hose reels what happens when the hose gets caught around something as happens seemingly 9 times out of 10. Does it stop reeling in until you sort it out or keep pulling damaging the customers property as well as the hose?

With automatic hose reels what happens when the hose gets caught around something as happens seemingly 9 times out of 10. Does it stop reeling in until you sort it out or keep pulling damaging the customers property as well as the hose?
Is that not the same as manually reeling in?

What do you want us to say. Yes, it sometimes gets caught and you have to go back to the snag. 

Ive never damaged property or the hose with mine 

The motor will stop before any damage is done

The power up hd struggles with a lot of hose out on long grass or round a corner etc

It isn't built like a winch and wouldn't drag you down the road

Is that not the same as manually reeling in?

What do you want us to say. Yes, it sometimes gets caught and you have to go back to the snag. 

Ive never damaged property or the hose with mine 
Yes for sure, but when manually reeling in I have learned to stop if it has jammed somewhere as I discovered that hoping to tug it free is when I have done damage particularly to plants. 

The motor will stop before any damage is done

The power up hd struggles with a lot of hose out on long grass or round a corner etc

It isn't built like a winch and wouldn't drag you down the road
Thanks Dave, that was what I was hoping would be the case.

Latest Posts

Back