Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Read this if use an Aquadapter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

keir

My newest AD has been annoying the **** outa me last week, the star wheel seems to land exactly on the pawl everytime and WILL NOT go back to the default position without manually doing it, only to do exactly the same thing minutes later.

I think i have had a break through........whilst fitting new parts today i had a in detail look at what is causing this, it turns out there were two factors causing the problem

1- the carriage had a hell of a lot of backlash which made the star wheel ride over the pawl rather than actuate it, and

2- the tube from the AD to the T piece was too short and obstructing the smooth action of the spring/carriage return

Easy fixes though....

1- cut the tube that attaches to the carriage at an angle, push the tube on as far as you can. This still left all the backlash, then twist the tube and the angled cut acts like a cam and pulls the carriage up and eliminates the baclash

2- make the tube from carriage to T piece 2" longer......bang immediately the action is snappier and not one snagging star wheel moment again

Back