Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Oil based paint on Windows

WagtailMat

Hey guys this is my first job that the windows have oil based paint on them is it easy to get off with the scraper ?

Make sure you only push then scraper then take off the glass and repeat

Don't drag the blade back acroos the paint as trapped dirt and **** will scratch the glass

Sorry if you already know this but I've done it myself in the past so thought I'd say

Just thought of another tip which may save you a whole load of grief. If its a first clean, leave the scraping until the next wash. Its all a lot easier without all the extra dirt about. I'm advising this from now on. The last time I did it it came up much better, and it was a much easier process. In the case of this one, I even managed to charge double bubble two months running, but that might not fly with the tighter ones.

This will be a one off clean so I told him a fair price the guy just said wow I was only expecting to pay half of that, lol I said well you get what you pay for mate look around get a cheap guy then more the likely you will call me back to do a proper job or you will get your windows replaced, I have a minimum price I charge not changing it to suit one guy thanks for your help guys

This will be a one off clean so I told him a fair price the guy just said wow I was only expecting to pay half of that, lol I said well you get what you pay for mate look around get a cheap guy then more the likely you will call me back to do a proper job or you will get your windows replaced, I have a minimum price I charge not changing it to suit one guy thanks for your help guys
Well done for sticking to your guns mate, theres plenty of mugs out there that will do it for pennies, and plenty of cowboys that will rip him off. Either way, someones losing out, but at least its not you.

Just thought of another tip which may save you a whole load of grief. If its a first clean, leave the scraping until the next wash. Its all a lot easier without all the extra dirt about. I'm advising this from now on. The last time I did it it came up much better, and it was a much easier process. In the case of this one, I even managed to charge double bubble two months running, but that might not fly with the tighter ones.
I usually quickly mop and blade..scrape then mop and blade properly

Takes seconds to do a quick clean on a new job before scraping but i charge accordingly

I usually quickly mop and blade..scrape then mop and blade properlyTakes seconds to do a quick clean on a new job before scraping but i charge accordingly
Thats exactly what I normally do, but trust me it is so much easier on the second clean without all the dirt in your cloths and hands etc. It also means that when you first look at the window, all the paint is visible so you know where to scrape, without it being masked by dirt or traces of water.

Latest Posts

Back