Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Upvc restore, please help...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

H

Hunty

Hello all,

I have been asked by a custie to get her frames looking like new again, what Chem would you recommend I use and should I use stainless steel scourers on the frames or is that a no no?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Magic sponge eraser works well. Sold by various outlets under the name of JML Dokter Power or equivalent. Lots of elbow grease.

You could also try a UPVC restorer/reviver which will be available from window fitters suppliers. Best to try a small section which can't be seen. Stay away from rubber seals. These guys sell it in our area.

uPVC Fascia Board | Middlesbrough | MP Plastic Supplies

Most builder's merchants will also sell this.

Wouldn't use steel wool.

We also use CIF for everyday cleaning of UPVC if needed but Astonish also works well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Screw fix upvc cleaner is good

But if the black rubber is shown and not the frames with PVC covering it be prepared for a waterfall of black on ach window

Jus keep rubbin and Buffon it will stop eventually get loads of clothes

Someone was recommending HG restorer on here the other day which is off the shelf in B&Q - I was going to give that a go but at the moment I use bond it pvcu cream cleaner, similar stuff to t-cut like green suggests but leaves a nice shine. It also does a good job removing rust stains which I was surprised at.

Great, thanks all for replies, I do like the magic sponge, I have the doktor jml (on offer in asda at min /emoticons/wink.png )

So do u use one cloth to apply then cloth to take off?

What's it like to clean the windows after wfp, I was gonna leave it a day before cleaning glass???

I use old microfibres. Wax on wax off technique. Most cleaners I've used tend to react like Virosol in that they foam a little so I just give it a good rinse with pure, agitate and rinse well again. Glass at the same time not a problem from my experience.

Back