Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Had A Look At Reach It Pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

nearlyclean

Been thinking about getting another pole for my above 30 ft work was thinking of getting a slx but saw a couple of posts on Facebook about this reach-it pole. Anyway Richard brought a couple down to me today to have a look at. And I was totally blown away by the build quality and how easy they are to use. I think this is a pole that could take Gardiner crown. If anyone is thinking about getting a pole this certainly worth looking at. Didn't use it long enough to write a proper review. They have these extension that take the pole from 25ft to 35ft on the mini not sure what length of the longer pole was.

They have been available for years. I'm sure if they were going to give Gardiners a run for their money they would have done it by now.

You tube is full of videos by Perry Tait.

This was a new design, He showed me the old design and this new pole was solid and very well built. I've used most poles on the market but this had some unique features

Available at WCW for a while...

Nice packaging and good looking carbon but no demand for them as a product.
Why do think there was no demand? I suppose with the 3 year warranty They must be quite confident that they will last a long time, I can imagine your after sales and repeat business could be a factor in this.

Why do think there was no demand? I suppose with the 3 year warranty They must be quite confident that they will last a long time, I can imagine your after sales and repeat business could be a factor in this.
Warranty: interesting marketing tool to get you the buyer all excited to be involved in the product you are looking at.
A warranty on a new product is a guarantee by the manufacturer that this product you are buying is free from defects for the period of the warranty. This covers you against failures do to manufacturing material defects or assemby defects. Fair wear and tear and/or product failure due to abuse by the user is excluded from a warranty. As the product, Reach-it poles in this instance, gets older the chances of a failure due to manufacturing defects very quickly disappears and failures due to wear and tear increase. Eventually they are the only reason for failure, even within that warranty period.

So Reach-it could have given you a 10 year warranty. It wouldn't have changed anything on their side.

However, if Richard told you that the pole had a 10 year warranty, how would you have reacted? No carbon fibre pole would last 10 years - you would be suspicious, a little less trusting as you wouldn't believe that would be possible. Now you have doubts which will sway your purchasing decision.

But 3 years got you hooked; it must be a brilliant pole, etc. If they give it a 3 year warranty, I can expect this pole to last 5 years - Wow.

Mike says there is no demand for the product - its all about acceptance and Holden isn't an accepted brand name in the UK but the Ozies love it.

They did come with a 10 year warranty at the beginning but everyone thought it was pie in the sky. I do agree with you Spruce but even a Kia comes with a 10 year warranty you have to check the small print. Kia was a joke not so many years ago. I just took the pole on face value, I would choose that pole because I think it is a better pole. Just as other prefer other makes of poles.

The mini was £475 I think and came with a brush and couple of other bits. It goes up to 25 ft and then you can an extension to take up another 10ft. I think there marketing that the initial payout will save you money in the long the run. It sort of comes between the clx and slx in weight and you have to make your own mind up about quality but it feels like a better pole than the other two. Gardiners have got new poles coming out shortly. Its a bit of a iPhone v Android, It will come down to what you prefer and money.

They did come with a 10 year warranty at the beginning but everyone thought it was pie in the sky. I do agree with you Spruce but even a Kia comes with a 10 year warranty you have to check the small print. Kia was a joke not so many years ago. I just took the pole on face value, I would choose that pole because I think it is a better pole. Just as other prefer other makes of poles.
I doubt there will be any warranty work down on a 10 year old Kia even with low mileage. There maybe a little goodwill stuff like Kia pay for parts and the customer pays for an inflated labour charge that would cover the part cost anyway.

There will also be a mileage clause and possibly other conditions. Citroen offered a 3 year 60k mileage warranty on the cars when I worked for them. The first year was a Manufacturers warranty and the following 2 years a limited dealer warranty. Most warranty claims were done in the first few months and then very little after that. Most customers would bring their cars in for lots of warranty jobs just before the 3 years was up, but 99% weren't covered. New clutches and brake issue were prime requests under warranty - just customer thinking they could get the manufacturer to refurbish their car.

Citroen had a 7 year anti perforation warranty on body work. Great for the sales spiel but the conditions of the warranty in the small print was that the owner had to request a free check with each service and this was recorded on the job card. If he didn't, then the warranty was invalid. It was a warranty that covered rust from the inside, not a chip that had become a rust spot from the outside. While that seems pretty straight forward, customers just couldn't grasp it.

I just repeating what the guy told me. I looked at the poles he had and could see that they were well constructed the same as I can compare a Citroen with a BMW

the problem i find with a lot of poles, is unless you know someone with one, 10 mins at a demo isnt enough to say weather something is good, you buy it, its **** and your stuck with it. so a lot stick with what they know, but there is better stuff out there but people wont take the risk

I think your right blue monkey, but even Gardiner got slated a couple of years back. It is a risk when you try something different. I had a play around with the pole for a few hours and could see the potential. The clx and slx are both very good poles this felt a bit different in a good way.

i have a clx, but am put off buying a slx, by there wear on the clx and the fact that the poles keeps spinning, even with the new clamps, bought a unger pole, liked it buts its too big for me to be used as a ever day pole, the brush that came with it is fantastic,

i just feel that window cleaners are sold a lot of expensive ****, from all the makers

i have a clx, but am put off buying a slx, by there wear on the clx and the fact that the poles keeps spinning, even with the new clamps, bought a unger pole, liked it buts its too big for me to be used as a ever day pole, the brush that came with it is fantastic,

i just feel that window cleaners are sold a lot of expensive ****, from all the makers
Hi Darren
I will ignore your rather rude comments about suppliers and address your other point. If your pole is still spinning, I am presuming that you have carried out a DIY clamp upgrade rather than buying a new pole? If so then it may be that the clamps need adjusting up a bit tighter. Or it may be that your pole has so much wear in one spot that even the new clamp cannot adjust down - although I would be surprised if this was the case.

Hi Darren

I will ignore your rather rude comments about suppliers and address your other point. If your pole is still spinning, I am presuming that you have carried out a DIY clamp upgrade rather than buying a new pole? If so then it may be that the clamps need adjusting up a bit tighter. Or it may be that your pole has so much wear in one spot that even the new clamp cannot adjust down - although I would be surprised if this was the case.
hi alex, i didnt mean you in particular, i meant in general, a lot of stuff is sold to window cleaners, which i think is expensive for what it is, but it might be because i am a tight northern, who doesnt like spending money or it might be that i dont get a long with a lot of stuff that is sold to window cleaners, it is prob just me

hi alex, i didnt mean you in particular, i meant in general, a lot of stuff is sold to window cleaners, which i think is expensive for what it is, but it might be because i am a tight northern, who doesnt like spending money or it might be that i dont get a long with a lot of stuff that is sold to window cleaners, it is prob just me
If you drop the pole in early next week, I'll take a look at it for you.

My clx is going strong after two years it has got signs of wear.

The price does need to become affordable But with more choice of suppliers this has to happen

Back