Old Falling Apart, Dirty Window Frames...

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Pegasus, Aug 15, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Pegasus

Pegasus Well-Known Member

I have several old windows with 4 large frames fitted in them. How would you deal with the streaks that are bound to occur with the dirt seeping down on to the bottom 2 frames? I could simply not touch the top frame to avoid it happening to the top 2.

Thinking about it I reckon the answer will be do the top 2 then the bottom 2 later as mentioned in a recent thread.

But what do you do with falling apart putty/wood frames?

Advertisement
  2. OoO

OoO Guest

What you have said is right. Do too two let them drain off. Then bottom two.

Ideally you need a soft brush. Gardiner extreme soft will be ideal. If the frames are really really bad then you could be asking for trouble.

3. spruce

spruce Grand Master

You have to be prepared to walk away from some jobs. Even a job like this wouldn't attract a trad cleaner.

4. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Price it accordingly... You will never have a bad job! :)

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I don't take on what I call hassle jobs like rotten and /or paint peeling frames like that as using wfp on windows like that I think is only asking for trouble.
    There is plenty of what I call hassle free work out there so myself I would be picky with what work I take on .... Simples

I'm sure someone mentioned on here recently had glass fall out of a rotten window frame when he was trying to clean it. Oops!...Go figure :Image13:

Advertisement