On-Demand System???

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Spagbol, Mar 13, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Spagbol

Spagbol Guest

I have a pressure washing business, so I carry around a 1000 litre tank with tap water in it.

I'm looking to branch out into WFP cleaning.

Is there an "On Demand" purification system available, so I can use the tap water from my tank, filter it, and use it straight from the filter system?

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. mark m

mark m Hero

a quick cheap way for you to start would be to get a pump and a di vessel

3. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Yes, but depends if you live in hard water area or soft?

Do you know the PPM of ur tap water? If in soft area you can just plumb in a DI filter after your tank and that'll work.

4. Paul

Paul Guest

Hi spagbol this has nothing to do with you purification question it's actually a question for you, how do you go about pressure washing a roof? Do you harness up, use a cherry picker or is there another way?
    I only ask because I've been asked to do one but I said not at the min, due to the fact I didn't know how to get acsess safely.

5. mark m

mark m Hero

If you are just starting out and going to do a few windows as a side line and you have already got your tank i would just buy a di vessel and pump it does not matter what you ppm are at the moment even if you had tap water at 250 you will get over 2500 lts of water which is a lot of water for a side line business if you decided it has worked for you ,you have not wasted anything as you will need both of them anyway

6. Spagbol

Spagbol Guest

Paul, here's your answer...

http://www.mosmatic.co.uk/subcat.php?catid=2

I'd say no thanks! Unless you can get a good price for the job![hr]
    My area is hard water. Can you point me in the direction of the bits I need. DI vessel and pump...

thanks

7. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

If you are in a soft water area and could get away with di only, say, under 100ppm, you could simply have a di vessel and pump with connectors either side, which you would plug in as and when required. You would have to plumb in some kind of quick release coupling at the outlet where you could swap between going to your power washer or the pump. But if you are in a hard water area, i cant see how you could work it, as with r/o, the purification is done as the tank is filled (with di you can simply plumb in the di vessel in between pump and reel).

8. Paul

Paul Guest

Well the thing is it's a small type cottage and I said £700 to put the guy off using me, he said that would be great, that money would pay for me a wfp set up :-/

Cheers for the link but a bit pricey cheaper using a cherry picker I think.

9. James

James Guru

http://www.mosmatic.co.uk/large%20images/working-dr520-2.gif

I have never seen this done before?

10. Paul

Paul Guest

I think a picker is a good plan, don't fancy climbing a roof :-/ value my life to much

Advertisement