Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp has deformed me!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

keir

Its bugging me now this, when i was trad like most of you i developed a callous where the squeegee handle was on my thumb, on the knuckle near my nail.

But since going wfp i have developed another callous further down from where i grip the lower part of the pole, but its freakishly big this callous!!! It doesn't hurt or cause any problems, it just looks weird and like i'm deformed.

Reckon i might show it to the doctors.

Left hand thumb

[/url

Right hand, deformed thumb lol

imagejpg1_zps64bbd6e8.jpg

Maybe you are gripping yer pole too tight as I don't have any issues with my hands like that?

er...i dont work hard enough...i would get the doc to check it out..probably give you a steroid injection...hopefully something can help:)..now you know how to make me feel guilty....i will have to work harder tomorrow...:whistle:

ps nice clean room....

Hahaha nice one cnc, dont work to hard on my account /emoticons/biggrin.png

I dont think there is any fluid or owt it feels somewhere inbetween hard and soft, and moves around if i grip it, my hands are also covered in segs, reckon my skin hardens up real easy where it feels a high use area.

C'mon jimmy get a pickie up so we can see :laugh:

How odd is that folks as my thumbs look normal :rolleyes:

Mind you I only lightly grip the pole also alternate how I use it especially more so when cleaning the outside of gutters, fascias, soffits etc

Just a callous mate nowt to worry about. I have em on the palms of my hands from the gym, (the missus loves to pick at them, the weirdo).

window cleaners thumbs aside, anyone get window cleaners shins? Ive got a slight lumpy patch just below my kneecaps from leaning against the ladder.....

i,ve got it just noticed, on my left handed gun

must say my hands are all cracking up have to scrub them every night with nail brush then put hand cream on really drying out

Just a callous mate nowt to worry about. I have em on the palms of my hands from the gym, (the missus loves to pick at them, the weirdo).
window cleaners thumbs aside, anyone get window cleaners shins? Ive got a slight lumpy patch just below my kneecaps from leaning against the ladder.....
funny you should say that...i hadnt noticed until recently as i am getting old, when i clean patio doors i find it easier to kneel these days whilst wiping the cills etc....and so i got some knee pads....and the other day i left them on and only then did i notice how i must have leant against the ladder with my knee when working....i felt so comfortable with my knee pads on....im getting old...:eek:ldy::eek:ldy::eek:ldy: and yep me got that lumpy bit ...not that my knees are particularly pretty:eek:

is this post starting to go all feminine.....dont forget your hand cream guys and girls...

Back