On the raod again

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Smurf, Apr 16, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Well maybe a big maybe....:rolleyes:
    I've just got back from seeing a van so will be collecting it tomorrow that't if it starts and/or break down on the way home :D

Advertisement
  2. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

what van u going for smurf an wat happend to ur old one?

3. shazzy692002

Whoop.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

My old y reg berlingo the drive belt snapped then went into the cam belt housing so buggered up the engine.

I've just bought an old but very tidy 52 reg x british gas renault master van with 85,000 miles on the clock for £1700 so all being well should be ok for what I need it for.

The van comes with a stor pull down ladder & pipe box roof system which is worth a few bob on it's own. Also in the back it has built in shelving to store my bits as I'm an untidy bugger at the best of times

Once I have sorted out insurance including breakdown cover as you never know it might not start or breakdown on the way home will probably pick it up tomorrow all being well.:)

5. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

nce one hope its ok ,thats a nte mare the cambelt an all that u must have bin fumming at least ur allmost bk on the road again:thumbsup:

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

It was very unexpected but in hindsight was my fault as in I never gave my berlingo a service. The drive belt costs only £15 and is a doddle to change so was a big lesson learnt on that one. The berlingo 1.9 none turbo are supposed to go on forever and mine had done very low mileage for its age so will be sorry to see it go.

I've just got off the phone and swapped over the insurance to start at 10am tomorrow so the berlingo has to be sorn which is not an option as I have nowhere to put it or scrapped.

7. TolishAPurd

That sounds perfect mate. :thumbsup: Always good to have the nice little extras like racking etc. Glad you're getting things back on track, I bet you have loads of work lined up now, you'll be a busy boy for a while!

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Thanks bud...:thumbsup:

I have so much work on the back burner I shall not know what hit me :D

QUOTE="TolishAPurd, post: 167434, member: 7360"]That sounds perfect mate. :thumbsup: Always good to have the nice little extras like racking etc. Glad you're getting things back on track, I bet you have loads of work lined up now, you'll be a busy boy for a while![/QUOTE]

9. norm

norm Grand Master

10. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

[/QUOTE]

Time to take someone on Smurf and you be the foreman. Imagine it, you're retired but you have an employee doing all the donkey work and you still earning a decent crust. Win win :thumbsup:

Advertisement