Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

i'd just like to point out

WCF

Help Support WCF:

simon

i did NOT call my last post - say what- that is as far as i know, a horrendous american saying, english people who use american terms like that & loving it & don't do lunch etc should all be rounded up with isis & shot

we have our own quality sayings & don't need yank tat

eg. cor blimey guv

ooer lumee

blinding

done me up like a kipper

ee by gum

'kin 'ell

na' then

why aye but

ist tha reet

just add your own now lmao

i did NOT call my last post - say what- that is as far as i know, a horrendous american saying, english people who use american terms like that & loving it & don't do lunch etc should all be rounded up with isis & shotwe have our own quality sayings & don't need yank tat

eg. cor blimey guv

ooer lumee

blinding

done me up like a kipper

ee by gum

'kin 'ell

na' then

why aye but

ist tha reet

........... say what....?

i did NOT call my last post - say what- that is as far as i know, a horrendous american saying, english people who use american terms like that & loving it & don't do lunch etc should all be rounded up with isis & shotwe have our own quality sayings & don't need yank tat

eg. cor blimey guv

ooer lumee

blinding

done me up like a kipper

ee by gum

'kin 'ell

na' then

why aye but

ist tha reet

beltin

I think something worse than 'americanisms' is this horrible habit of the 'lift' at the end of a sentence so it always sounds like a question. People who do this are under the illusion it makes them look intelligent.

Another bugbear is people who have to keep using the word Basically, when it adds nothing to the sentence.

Also people who start a sentence with the word 'so'

And finally, the scouse accent. Ban it

So basically (in fine scouse accent) ^^ /emoticons/tongue.png

@Taxlossloz is saying he had a post called 'seriously' i think that was right? Tax??

The title was changed (by me) also forgive me for my two decades living in the US but I have some of their bad speech habits that 8 years on I am still struggling to lose.

Reason it was changed is we are trying to get you all to use helpful titles to aid and assist other users.

'Wot bout dis' (and yes I have seen worse)

Should be 'What do you think of SLX25?'

You see the point, ya nay daff kid!

However when I chamged the title of @Taxlossloz thread I had a brain fart and could not thinknof a subitable descriptive title for the thread so I guess in retrospect 'my bad dude'

Some will notice post titles change but that is only an effort to make them accurate about content to help others as well as the search feature return good search results.

Please just pay a little more care to titles and they wont need adjustment in future.

Many thanks.

As for speechisms 'yo, @Taxlossloz, we cool bruv?' /emoticons/tongue.png

I think something worse than 'americanisms' is this horrible habit of the 'lift' at the end of a sentence so it always sounds like a question. People who do this are under the illusion it makes them look intelligent.Another bugbear is people who have to keep using the word Basically, when it adds nothing to the sentence.

Also people who start a sentence with the word 'so'

And finally, the scouse accent. Ban it
Watch ANY of my youtube videos hahaha "Basically"

Ahh, I get it now /emoticons/smile.png. I hate it when you hear school kids add 'like' in every sentence. "I was walking to school and it was 'like' really cold....... I hate the word 'like'

I hate "like" also but worse than that is when people finish every sentence with "yeah"

Why can't people talk proper like what i does?

Sweet as a nut me old fruit bun

After every sentence my mate big nose dal always says "you know what I mean". I mentioned this to him recently in the pub, and told him I find it annoying and can he stop it. He told me to f--k off :eek:

After every sentence my mate big nose dal always says "you know what I mean". I mentioned this to him recently in the pub, and told him I find it annoying and can he stop it. He told me to f--k off :eek:
The actual way to fix that @steve garwood is to say 'i know what you mean' every time he does it.

Sounds childish but it works.

I used to sound like Leo from Leathal Weapon, right? I would say right at the end of each sentance right? Bloody annoying right?

Till one day I was talking to a chap who just said 'right' every time I did it. I became aware he was taking the mick made me self concious in seconds and subliminally reprogrammed me to talk like a normal person again.

I have used the same system a couple of times with people and youd be amazed how fast they change.

Latest Posts

Back