Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

One for Ched - re GoPro

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PC

I think you said you use a GoPro mate?
I’ve been looking and there’s loads of them. Which one would you say I need as I will only use it to survey gutters so don’t need every bell and whistle. If it has to be an older version I don’t mind as long as it does the job.
I would only need one that connects to my phone (iPhone).
Also do you have it on the gutter poles or on a separate pole?
Appreciate your help mate

I think you said you use a GoPro mate?
I’ve been looking and there’s loads of them. Which one would you say I need as I will only use it to survey gutters so don’t need every bell and whistle. If it has to be an older version I don’t mind as long as it does the job.
I would only need one that connects to my phone (iPhone).
Also do you have it on the gutter poles or on a separate pole?
Appreciate your help mate
I’m sure Ched uses the same as me
AKASO go ek7000
Perfect for the job
Record button on watch strap so can use remotely from that or phone
I link it to my iphone
Has all the mounts etc with it

Loads on Amazon about £54

I’m sure Ched uses the same as me
AKASO go ek7000
Perfect for the job
Record button on watch strap so can use remotely from that or phone
I link it to my iphone
Has all the mounts etc with it

Loads on Amazon about £54
Yes I use an AKASO (can't remember the model) but it's fine for the job. Came with loads of attachments/accessories.

As @Dave B said I use an AKASO V50 elite as it came with 2 batteries and lots of attachments - I only run it at 1080p not 4K as you don't need the ultra high def. I find it OK even in bright sunlight although seeing the phone screen in bright light is sometimes difficult. I tend to have the mount quite loose on the ali pole so it can be twisted round and slid up and down the pole easilly.

I use it on a wfp with a Gardiners quickLoc attachment to survey gutters and then with the GVS phone holder and action camera mount for gutter vac poles.
I also take before and after video footage and take screen shots to send the customer along with my quotes. I tend to keep the after footage just in case someone questions if I have done the work or use it to get screen shots for commercial jobs.
It's probably a bit OTT for the use it gets but some of the real cheapy ones aren't very good with bright lights - i.e. bright sunlight and bright sky tend to 'blow' out the rest of the image.

I do also have a GoPro Session 5 - not for gutter use - too good :) and a old SJ4000 action cam that I have had for a good few years but when I bought my gutter vac I wanted a dedicated camera that I could keep in the van, hence the AKASO.

Do you two use it on the gutter poles or on a separate pole?
I have a little Gardiner camera mount that you can put on your quick loq socket. It fixes to one of the camera accessories (a clear, hard case). It's this one https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/quick-loq-camera-mount.html
I have tried on the neck of the gutter vacuum but found it a bit too bumpy/jerky when in use (possibly my technique though).

Cheers buddy
Sorry for all the questions. Here’s another one 😃
Do you have the separate pole up with the camera on whilst you are vaccing or just take a before and after with the camera on the separate pole?

Back